Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW MODEL Y 18 inch at Tsportline?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please report if someone already ordered these 18s and fit them successfully with the MYP.
Got em on June 6th. Swapped the following day with no issues. Seem to be balanced properly, no wobbling or vibration. I like them. Ride is definitely more comfortable than the original 21's. Came at 50 psi, not certain where they should be yet.

IMG_4863.JPG

Came at 50 psi, not certain where they should be yet.

View attachment 816661
The same as the label on the driver's door frame - 42 PSI COLD. My tires were shipped at 50 PSI too. So I'd start at 42 PSI and go from there. With the OEM 19's I found I liked 44 PSI COLD. am thinking given the aspect ratio (more sidewall) 44 will be where I end up again. I'm going to Ceramic Coat mine before I install them.

Defin for a performance increase, theoretically at least, Florida roads are rough? The increases meat on the tire be great but how much improvement u get from going 19 to 18 may not be worth it compared to 21s to 19. I saw a big improvement going to 19s that maybe 3000 dollar wouldn’t justify the drop to 18s….supposedly u can shave half a second if u were really into cutting ur 0-60 time and doing a bunch of drag races at the raceway … that be cool … no sure if 3k is worth it though… lastly questionable range increase but u lose aerodynamic when u lose the covers so whether the weight saving and decrease rotation outweighs the decreases in aero.

My theory is that the part at the outer edges spinning the most, is now a wall of smooth rubber, instead of a wheel. That sounds like an improvement in aero. Would love to see a proper test. If the stock wheel is more aero, you might see a decrease at high speeds in efficiency using the 18s, but an improvement in stop/ go where weight & inertia are more important than aero.

Every time you hit a bump on a 21" wheel and it jars you, instead of flexing the tire sidewall, you lose efficiency because the entire vehicle was lifted.

Of course a forged 18" tire/ wheel set up should come out considerably lighter than a cast 21". Furthermore where they weight is located matters and you'll find the moment of inertia is reduced with an 18" wheel set up which is an improvement in where the weight is located above and beyond the actual weight savings.

I'd be all over these wheels if I had a Tesla.

OK ladies and gents. Ordered the wheels yesterday and received them today. o_O These are the RTX Spider #082734

Packaged very well. I was wrong, they are made for the Tesla lug nuts. They weigh 22lbs each. They fit like a glove and no clearance issue whatsoever in fact lots of room. Now just need to decide on tires but they will be 245/50R18.View attachment 803106View attachment 803107View attachment 803108View attachment 803109View attachment 803110
Wow, these look amazing! Here I was spending hours worrying about whether these would fit on the Model 3 Performance, but then if they fit and work well with the Model Y, I assume the fitment on the Model 3 will definitely be fine.

As a side note, thank you @Midnightsun for all your posts about RTX Spider wheels! They were very helpful haha!

As a follow up, here are the RTX Spider wheels installed. Huge comfort difference compared to the 20" inductions. Looks great IMHO.

Wheels $791 CAD delivered
Tesla TPMS x 4 $225 CAD delivered
Turanza Quiet Track 245/50R18 x4 $1340 CAD delivered
Lug nut caps x20 $12 CAD delivered
Tesla Center Caps x4 $6 CAD delivered

Total cost in Canadian $ including our 15% sales tax = $2372 CAD or $1834 US at todays exchange rate.

IMG_0147.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg

As a follow up, here are the RTX Spider wheels installed. Huge comfort difference compared to the 20" inductions. Looks great IMHO.

Wheels $791 CAD delivered
Tesla TPMS x 4 $225 CAD delivered
Turanza Quiet Track 245/50R18 x4 $1340 CAD delivered
Lug nut caps x20 $12 CAD delivered
Tesla Center Caps x4 $6 CAD delivered

Total cost in Canadian $ including our 15% sales tax = $2372 CAD or $1834 US at todays exchange rate.

View attachment 819656View attachment 819657
looks solid! do you think there is a big jump in comfort in the 18s vs 19” wheels?