Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW MODEL Y 18 inch at Tsportline?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are not T-sportline wheels however I am convinced they are exactly the same ones at 1/3 of the price. See post #31 on page 2 and other posts I made in this thread.
So, apparently, they aren't the exact same. I was in the process of purchasing the 18in RTX Wheels for the Model 3 Performance and was warned by a few Wheel companies that stock them that there is a fitment issue as the Model 3 Performance has a step-up center bore from 64.1mm to 70.1mm for 2.25mm, which means the 18in RTX wheels (with a center bore of 64.1mm and NO step up) will not fit. However, Tsportline guarantees fitment with the Model 3 Performance, and I spoke and confirmed with them that they have an adjustment for the step-up. However, the RTX wheels are an excellent option for the Model Y as it doesn't have a step-up issue.

@TSportline, I'm not sure if there are any other differences, but from what both websites state, they're rated for the same loads, stylistically they look almost identical. But the step-up adjustment is quite important for OEM fitment from what I understand.

I'm happy to be proven wrong here and by no means am I an expert on wheels, just repeating what I've been educated on.

So, apparently, they aren't the exact same. I was in the process of purchasing the 18in RTX Wheels for the Model 3 Performance and was warned by a few Wheel companies that stock them that there is a fitment issue as the Model 3 Performance has a step-up center bore from 64.1mm to 70.1mm for 2.25mm, which means the 18in RTX wheels (with a center bore of 64.1mm and NO step up) will not fit. However, Tsportline guarantees fitment with the Model 3 Performance, and I spoke and confirmed with them that they have an adjustment for the step-up. However, the RTX wheels are an excellent option for the Model Y as it doesn't have a step-up issue.

@TSportline, I'm not sure if there are any other differences, but from what both websites state, they're rated for the same loads, stylistically they look almost identical. But the step-up adjustment is quite important for OEM fitment from what I understand.

I'm happy to be proven wrong here and by no means am I an expert on wheels, just repeating what I've been educated on.
Correct! T Sportline wheels are exclusively T Sportline wheels; we own and control 100% all our tools, no other brands can 'use' our tools. They attempted to copy the wheel design and all our specs, but like you see with their "oops" on the hub, copying only gets you so far.

The T Sportline wheels are exactly correct fitment, spec, and quality - and all our wheels are tested and certified by TUV.

Correct! T Sportline wheels are exclusively T Sportline wheels; we own and control 100% all our tools, no other brands can 'use' our tools. They attempted to copy the wheel design and all our specs, but like you see with their "oops" on the hub, copying only gets you so far.

The T Sportline wheels are exactly correct fitment, spec, and quality - and all our wheels are tested and certified by TUV.

The only thing I don't understand is how can the T Sportline wheels be a perfect fitment for BOTH the Model 3 Performance AND the Model 3 LR? This may come from my fundamental LACK of understanding on my part regarding wheel fitment haha, but if the T Sportlines have the step up for the Model 3 Performance, won't there be a slight gap in the fitment for the Model 3 LR/SR, and all Model Y versions?

There would be a gap of 6mm (70.1mm - 64.1mm) for 2.25mm for all the versions EXCEPT the Model 3 Performance, right? I'm not sure whether this creates a significant enough issue, I assume since the wheels are heavily certified and quality tested, the answer is no. But just wanted to get a response from the source that people can reference in the future! What I also don't know is if RTX saw this and decided not to include the step up to be a better fitment for the other variants excluding the Model 3 Performance. Want to be fair to both companies, especially since RTX isn't here in open dialogue to explain their design process! :)

Appreciate the work you guys do to make the purchasing process easier @TSportline! Just waiting for that July 4th sale with Free Canadian shipping to pick up my set haha ;)

So how come the Tsportline are just released new and and the RTX wheels have been out at least since 2020 yet you claim they copied your design? Not making much sense to me.

So how come the Tsportline are just released new and and the RTX wheels have been out at least since 2020 yet you claim they copied your design? Not making much sense to me.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane! We had to dig in the archives. We've been selling our TSS design since February 2019. Like Tesla, we have evolved and grown and are working with more advanced and professional Tier 1 factories since inception. Tier 1 = factory that makes parts for vehicle manufacturers.

We were able to pull up an email sent to all our valued customers back in early 2019, and we thank all our loyal customers for the journey and hope to continue to provide wheels specifically engineered for your Tesla with no nonsense.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 2.52.20 PM.png

Appreciate you testing out a viable alternative 18" wheels for the MY!

At this point perhaps the information of 18" RTX Spider fitting MYP and MYLR will be better captured in its own dedicated thread vs. continued debate this one.

The only thing I don't understand is how can the T Sportline wheels be a perfect fitment for BOTH the Model 3 Performance AND the Model 3 LR? This may come from my fundamental LACK of understanding on my part regarding wheel fitment haha, but if the T Sportlines have the step up for the Model 3 Performance, won't there be a slight gap in the fitment for the Model 3 LR/SR, and all Model Y versions?

There would be a gap of 6mm (70.1mm - 64.1mm) for 2.25mm for all the versions EXCEPT the Model 3 Performance, right? I'm not sure whether this creates a significant enough issue, I assume since the wheels are heavily certified and quality tested, the answer is no. But just wanted to get a response from the source that people can reference in the future! What I also don't know is if RTX saw this and decided not to include the step up to be a better fitment for the other variants excluding the Model 3 Performance. Want to be fair to both companies, especially since RTX isn't here in open dialogue to explain their design process! :)

Appreciate the work you guys do to make the purchasing process easier @TSportline! Just waiting for that July 4th sale with Free Canadian shipping to pick up my set haha ;)

Multi-part answer here for the community. All our Model 3 wheels fit both the performance, Long Range, AWD and every other Model 3 variant is because our hub is engineered almost identical to Tesla factory Model 3/Y wheels.

Below is a pic of a Model 3 Performance Hub. The red mark is part of the hub that is raised about 2mm or so and is XXmm in diameter. The blue line mark is where the wheel physically centers and is about 10mm in height and 64.1mm in diameter. All other Model 3 hubs (aside from Performance models) don't have the protrusion where the red mark is illustrated.

Performance Hub.jpg

Below is a pic of a 18" Model 3 Aero Wheel (the one that comes free with your Model 3 *except for Performance models). If you turn your attention to the red arrow, you can see Tesla engineered a cavity or cutout for that pesky red mark in the picture above. All Model 3/Y Tesla factory wheels have this cavity and so do all our Model 3/Y wheels. This cavity essentially sits over the red mark above and allows the wheel to sit against the rotor with no gap.

Sidebar: also notice the blue highlights below. Teslas are notorious for building up rust and moisture around wheel hubs and these machined channels help release all that "rust water" and moisture. Many aftermarket wheels will not account for this in their engineering of a wheel hub.

18 Aero .jpg

19" Model Y Gemini factory wheel below. If you pay attention to the red and blue callouts below, it will look familiar to the Model 3 above.

19 Gemini.jpg

if the T Sportlines have the step up for the Model 3 Performance, won't there be a slight gap in the fitment for the Model 3 LR/SR, and all Model Y versions?
No gap. Model 3 LR/SR have the same ~10mm high hub only difference being that there's no 70.1mm protrusion (that you reference above) around the perimeter. Hopefully the 2d below helps you visualize the difference between a Performance 3 and a non performance 3 / all Y's. You can se the blue hub sits nice and deep inside our wheels ~7mm to ensure proper wheel centering.
tesla-model-3-performance-brakes-wheel-specs-01 (3).jpg

Gray factory Tesla brakes = all non Performance cars
tesla-model-3-performance-brakes-wheel-specs-02.jpg

Last edited:
Multi-part answer here for the community. All our Model 3 wheels fit both the performance, Long Range, AWD and every other Model 3 variant is because our hub is engineered almost identical to Tesla factory Model 3/Y wheels.

Below is a pic of a Model 3 Performance Hub. The red mark is part of the hub that is raised about 2mm or so and is XXmm in diameter. The blue line mark is where the wheel physically centers and is about 10mm in height and 64.1mm in diameter. All other Model 3 hubs (aside from Performance models) don't have the protrusion where the red mark is illustrated.

View attachment 820216

Below is a pic of a 18" Model 3 Aero Wheel (the one that comes free with your Model 3 *except for Performance models). If you turn your attention to the red arrow, you can see Tesla engineered a cavity or cutout for that pesky red mark in the picture above. All Model 3/Y Tesla factory wheels have this cavity and so do all our Model 3/Y wheels. This cavity essentially sits over the red mark above and allows the wheel to sit against the rotor with no gap.

Sidebar: also notice the blue highlights below. Teslas are notorious for building up rust and moisture around wheel hubs and these machined channels help release all that "rust water" and moisture.

View attachment 820219

19" Model Y Gemini factory wheel below. If you pay attention to the red and blue callouts below, it will look familiar to the Model 3 above.

View attachment 820230

if the T Sportlines have the step up for the Model 3 Performance, won't there be a slight gap in the fitment for the Model 3 LR/SR, and all Model Y versions?
No gap. Model 3 LR/SR have the same ~10mm high hub only difference being that there's no 70.1mm protrusion (that you reference above) around the perimeter. Hopefully the 2d below helps you visualize the difference between a Performance 3 and a non performance 3 / all Y's. You can se the blue hub sits nice and deep inside our wheels ~7mm to ensure proper wheel centering.
View attachment 820269

Gray factory Tesla brakes = all non Performance cars
View attachment 820271

Wow, appreciate all the information and knowledge contained in the above post and the time it took the Tsportline team to put it together. The 2D visual is definitely what I was imagining the situation to be/look like. However, the key thing here is that even the stock wheels for the non-performance variants have that little cavity, which definitely eliminates the concern I expressed earlier about the TSS Wheels having that cavity for non-performance Model 3s and all other cars. Thanks again!

View attachment 800435
This is my current set up MYP … sold uberturbine for 2500 and picked up a set of Gemini with custom work ie plasti dip buy tpms about 1360 Defin saw a big bump in the efficiency with the same performance
I would like to sell my 21 inchers too and pick up the 18s for my MYP. Live in Illinois so hoping life will be easier with the 18s. You sold your 21 inchers here? Don’t want to buy the 18s and end up with 2 sets of wheels.

For owners with the MYP, the 18" with 245/50R18's look to be about 1" lower in overall height than stock (275/35/R21) according to the "tire size" website, is this correct? Any significant impact on the speedometer reading? I'm assuming there would be no other issues outside of the speedometer being off.

Thanks.

For owners with the MYP, the 18" with 245/50R18's look to be about 1" lower in overall height than stock (275/35/R21) according to the "tire size" website, is this correct? Any significant impact on the speedometer reading? I'm assuming there would be no other issues outside of the speedometer being off.

Thanks.
I believe the OEM 21s are about 28" in diameter and the 18s from TSportLine are about the exact same diameter. I have some 18s from TSportLine just waiting on my PMY.
bO3yRjh.jpg

Gonna dump the 21s, here in IL our roads would destroy the 21s. Plus I like the ability to rotate them. I'll do some BEFORE and AFTER testing when I get my PMY. Aside from regaining some of the lost range, I believe 0 to 60 and 1/4 times improve as well. Talk about a WIN WIN WIN
fBy98Ev.png

I just got my 18s installed but unfortunately no setting for 18s in the car, wish they had the option are people just using the 19 gemini?
As long as the outside diameter of the tire is the same, it shouldn't make any difference, other than the way the wheels look on screen and in the app. I got 19" t-sportlines before they had 18" ones available -- so I have to look at the ugly gemini wheels in my app too.