Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y delivery dream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing as we get plenty of delivery "nightmare" stories I thought I'd contrast. I've bought several new cars over the years and I'll take the Tesla process (and product) over all of them.

The delivery process couldn't have been easier - I went to the SC and called my advisor (in a different city), he unlocked the car remotely and the keycards were in it. I was then able to take it home and decide when to formally accept it by sending an email saying so (the car stays in delivery mode in the meantime). Unlike some stories I've heard, being forced to accept it there and then is not a thing where I am - yay Canada? Biggest drama was when my son said "dad, it's the performance" while I'm on the phone to the advisor and I'm mouthing "shhhhh" thinking maybe they made a mistake.... Nope, he just misunderstood the badging! :)

In terms of quality and acceptance, I looked over the car at the SC then drove it home and had another look around with the family - we're very happy with it. I noted five things in my issues email then sent my acceptance. The only large-ish one is the rear bumper colour which I think could be a bit better matched but that's it. I've never paid as much attention to inspecting a car before - a result of all the scrutiny and horror stories I suppose. I'm certain my other cars had issues I never even noticed.

At the risk of the eagle-eyed spotting all kinds of issues, here's a pic. I will say that white with black trim really adds contrast to all gaps/lines so I'm not surprised when the magnifying-glass-crew decide they have a thousand problems. Also judging the panel colouring is tough - different angles and lighting make a HUGE difference to the shade of the white but overall I think they're very consistent and I'm happy. I'll probably just get the ranger out to see if they can adjust the doors very slightly and fix a couple of other small things but there's definitely nothing to stop us enjoying our spaceship! Loving white on white BTW, so fresh.

upload_2020-9-8_17-3-20.png

RichyRich, good to hear. I am taking delivery of Model Y next week, it's in the 45k VIN range (last five digits of the VIN is 45xxx), what is yours? People shared that the early batches of MY (10k, 20k VINs) have serious issues. Tesla has been improving its quality over time.