Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model Y on May 14. At that point the Tesla factory was just set to reopen on May 18th. The sales rep said to expect 10-14 weeks, possibly longer due to scaling up once again. I thought that would be perfect as the NJ Rebate should have been up/running by late July/August. Today, 3 weeks later I get a text saying schedule my pickup. I was shocked. I'd rather not pay the extra $5,000. and then await bureaucracy to send a rebate check. Just like a regular dealer, I'd rather have it deducted at time of sale. Is anyone in similar circumstances. In addition, I lost out on 7-11 weeks to privately sell my 2015 Model S

In addition to my post above, recent Musk emails indicate I may want to wait a bit. Pasted here. Also anyone have a preferred website for selling current MS

In a new email sent to production employees, CEO Elon Musk confirmed that Tesla is having some production “challenges” with Model Y:

It is extremely important for us to ramp up Model Y production and minimize rectification needs. I want you to know that it really makes a difference to Tesla right now.

Rectifications would refer to things Tesla needs to fix on cars that already went through the regular production process.

Musk mentioned general assembly as a problem area that needs attention:

Model Y, especially GA (stands for General Assembly), is the top priority for both production and manufacturing engineering. GA4 (stands for General Assembly Line 4) is also top priority for facility improvements. For those working in GA4, thank you for bearing with tough conditions. Will get better fast. I will be walking the line personally every week.

GA4 is Tesla’s now-famous assembly line inside a “tent” next to the factory.

I modified my order to delete FSD and thereby qualify for the NJ rebate on April 15. I also received the text (yesterday) to schedule delivery, which I did. My delivery date is June 16 in Springfield. While I may have to wait a few weeks/months to get the $5,000 back, I am OK with that. Not too concerned about the Musk email. I think that Tesla will make any necessary adjustments if needed. My VIN is 12XXXX, so hopefully assembly quality is improving. Full steam ahead!

I ordered a Model Y on May 14. At that point the Tesla factory was just set to reopen on May 18th. The sales rep said to expect 10-14 weeks, possibly longer due to scaling up once again. I thought that would be perfect as the NJ Rebate should have been up/running by late July/August. Today, 3 weeks later I get a text saying schedule my pickup. I was shocked. I'd rather not pay the extra $5,000. and then await bureaucracy to send a rebate check. Just like a regular dealer, I'd rather have it deducted at time of sale. Is anyone in similar circumstances. In addition, I lost out on 7-11 weeks to privately sell my 2015 Model S
What's your configuration? Maybe I'll take it ;-)