Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a new Silver Model Y Long Range with FSD, induction wheels and the towing package on 3/14/2021. It appears flawless. The build quality so far exceeds all expectations and everything is in great working order.

VIN: 137xxx
Build Date: 2/26/2021
Delivery Center: Tyson's Corner, Virginia
Heated Steering Wheel: Yes
New Center Console: Yes
New Headlights: No :-(
Bioweapon Defense: No
Battery Size: ??? Haven't figured out how to check this yet.

I took delivery of a new Silver Model Y Long Range with FSD, induction wheels and the towing package on 3/14/2021. It appears flawless. The build quality so far exceeds all expectations and everything is in great working order.

1615813863985.png

I have seen this formula used for a rough estimation of battery size.

Reactions: rjpjnk

Can you plug your numbers into the formula to see what yours says?

Thank you for the equations. Using both methods of calculating, it appears that this Model & has a 78kWh battery.

239mi*235Wh/mi/0.72 = 78.00kWh
(239mi * 0.235kWh)/0.72% = 78.00kWh
This is big news. I may be wrong, but this is the first I am seeing evidence that the LRMY has the 82kWh pack (78 usable). Previously we have only seen MYP have the bigger pack. Someone may correct me if I am mistaken.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Software update: My Model Y came from the factory with version 2020.47.103.1 which did not have many of the features (like boombox) released late last year. It did however have the controls for the heated steering wheel. On 3/18/2021 (4 days after purchase) the car received an update to version 2021.4.12. This update seems to have all the missing features and I'm pleased to see that I am still able to control the heated steering wheel. One thing of note is that the "Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)" and "Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)" features are now grayed out and say "not supported in current region". I'm reasonably sure they will be available again when I take my first drive after the update. I'll report back if they do not.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Software update: My Model Y came from the factory with version 2020.47.103.1 which did not have many of the features (like boombox) released late last year. It did however have the controls for the heated steering wheel. On 3/18/2021 (4 days after purchase) the car received an update to version 2021.4.12. This update seems to have all the missing features and I'm pleased to see that I am still able to control the heated steering wheel. One thing of note is that the "Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)" and "Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)" features are now grayed out and say "not supported in current region". I'm reasonably sure they will be available again when I take my first drive after the update. I'll report back if they do not.
Did you have to do anything to get your software to update? I picked up my car on 3/18 and it came loaded with 2021.47.104... now been a week without an update to the current standard. Thanks!

You are off by a power of 10 in your second equation. You divide the 235 from the first equation by 1000 but you divide the .72 by 100 to get .72%. Second equation equals 7.8kwh.
Actually both equations are a little wrong as written, but both answers are correct.
The first actually yields 78000 Wh, which was then divided by 1000 off screen to convert to kWh as shown.
The second has the correct units (kWh) but the denominator should be just plain old .72, not .72%.

But hey this is nitpicking. The formula is good.

Any idea when they plan to put in the new headlights. I am picking up mine in two days.

@Thambosa unless you ordered a MYP (Performance), then I would say you are unlikely to get the updated headlights. I have yet to see any recent LR MY deliveries (including mine) mentioned here or on a few Tesla/EV news sites I frequent that have had the updated ones.

• Informative
Reactions: swheat6345
You do not need to ask. If they are ever delivered, there will be 100 new threads showing them off and saying how all the doubters were wrong. If yours has them you will be able to come back here and brag. There is no way to know until they show up. Tesla does not announce dates when they change over to new parts.