Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y details from supposed internal documents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Article from business insider today about an internal document concerning Model Y that was circulated before the last earnings call. Tesla who was contacted about the report says the points are now "outdated" Key Points-

Production was to start in July 2020 at Gigafactory 1, with an aggressive goal of 7,000/wk by then end of the year. While at the Chinese Gigafactory, production was to ramp to 5,000/wk by Feb of 2021.

Other notes regarding the Model Y indicated it was to include an IP (Instrument Panel) Riser, a center consul riser and a third row of seats (really? huh...)

https://www.businessinsider.com/tes...PJC611bYWAKQum1zWSTlyQSaNQ0Wrv4COsnlsfxFOtE9A

I wonder what showing the model Y in March will do to model 3 sales.

I don't see the unveiling having much effect on 3 sales. The Y forthcoming has been widely publicized, most people buying the 3 are aware of the Y coming soon and are still buying the 3 either because they do not want to wait or do not want a crossover. People that want the Y are already waiting and not buying the 3.

There will be an effect on 3 sales once the Y begins to be delivered to customers.

I do hope the 3rd row possibility is false information. I do NOT want to see the MY share much in common with the Mazda 5, and that's essentially the only way they can squeeze a 3rd row in there.

2015-mazda-mazda5-frontside-mtmz5151.jpg

Even if you give it performance, it's still going to be uninspiring.

I do hope the 3rd row possibility is false information. I do NOT want to see the MY share much in common with the Mazda 5, and that's essentially the only way they can squeeze a 3rd row in there.

2015-mazda-mazda5-frontside-mtmz5151.jpg

Even if you give it performance, it's still going to be uninspiring.

The Kia rondo before their current redesign is also like the Mazda. 7 seats in a small body. The kia has normal doors not sliding ones though. Kinda ugly if you ask me the Kia design that is. If Kia and Mazda can do seven seats in such a small vehicle so can Tesla... Obviously better looking though

Reactions: N..8

Nice photo but this looks more like a model 3 hatchback. Really looking for a compact or mid size SUV from Tesla and it's what I want for the model Y.

The third row gives me hope because it will force the vehicle to have a flat backside, allowing you to stack taller items.

As far as your photo, no reason why Tesla can't offer a hatchback version of the model 3 someday. I hope the Y is closer to a Jeep Cherokee in size. If the third row can fold flat, I am fine with it but it does seem tight. I have a model X now and find the third row usable but tight and can't imagine how snug it would be on the model Y platform.

Just beat the top ten

Source: https://www.carmax.com/articles/best-midsize-suv-ranking

10 Best Midsize SUVs for 2018: Ranked
PUBLISHED TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2018
Space and comfort abound in these top-selling midsize SUVs.
best-midsize-suv-ranking-651x366-new.jpg

When you're in the market for an SUV, you've got no shortage of options. From smaller compact SUVs, to full-size options and everything in between. For those looking for an SUV that's not too big and not too small, a midsize sports utility vehicle can be a wise choice. And since nearly every major vehicle manufacturer has their own mid-size SUV option, you have plenty of makes and models to choose from.

There are many benefits to choosing a midsize SUV over a compact, crossover, or even a full-size option. A midsize SUV offers the ideal balance of passenger space, cargo storage, towing capabilities, and easy maneuverability. They can offer more leg and head room for adult passengers than some crossover SUVs. And if you're looking for a little help in selecting the midsize SUV that's right for your next vehicle purchase, we've got you covered.

We've compiled this list of the best midsize SUVs of 2018 based on CarMax sales data collected between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.

1. Ford Explorer
  2. Jeep Grand Cherokee
  3. Kia Sorento
  4. Dodge Journey
  5. Nissan Pathfinder
  6. Chevrolet Traverse
  7. Ford Edge
  8. Honda Pilot
  9. Nissan Murano
  10. Toyota Highlander

Just beat the top ten

When you're in the market for an SUV, you've got no shortage of options. From smaller compact SUVs, to full-size options and everything in between. For those looking for an SUV that's not too big and not too small, a midsize sports utility vehicle can be a wise choice. And since nearly every major vehicle manufacturer has their own mid-size SUV option, you have plenty of makes and models to choose from.

There are many benefits to choosing a midsize SUV over a compact, crossover, or even a full-size option. A midsize SUV offers the ideal balance of passenger space, cargo storage, towing capabilities, and easy maneuverability. They can offer more leg and head room for adult passengers than some crossover SUVs. And if you're looking for a little help in selecting the midsize SUV that's right for your next vehicle purchase, we've got you covered.

We've compiled this list of the best midsize SUVs of 2018 based on CarMax sales data collected between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.

1. Ford Explorer
  2. Jeep Grand Cherokee
  3. Kia Sorento
  4. Dodge Journey
  5. Nissan Pathfinder
  6. Chevrolet Traverse
  7. Ford Edge
  8. Honda Pilot
  9. Nissan Murano
  10. Toyota Highlander
These are ugly! it should not be too difficult for TESLA to built a better looking efficient vehicle.

Just beat the top ten

1. Ford Explorer
  2. Jeep Grand Cherokee
  3. Kia Sorento
  4. Dodge Journey
  5. Nissan Pathfinder
  6. Chevrolet Traverse
  7. Ford Edge
  8. Honda Pilot
  9. Nissan Murano
  10. Toyota Highlander
As I quickly scrolled by, I thought this was a joke post where somebody had used the same car for the exterior shots, but just used different colors.