Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y has version 2020.47.104

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I just picked up my Model Y last week. Looking at the version it seems a little behind. How long does it take before it receives its first update? Read about some updates getting stuck, at which point do I need to reach out to Tesla?

Mine started kicking in next day when I got it home and connected to our WiFi. Then the next update happened after 4-5 days which had Boombox and other features, and now is caught up and gets the latest release about 3-5 days after it is posted on the forum as others spot it.

Again, I suspect that Tesla has some complicated geolocation/model/load balancing/etc algorithm that determines when one receives the updates.

I just checked a photo I took on delivery day, Sunday 3/14 and it was on 2020.47.103.1. By Thursday morning 3/18 I had 2021.4.12 to install. I set the software update preference to “advanced” at delivery.
Good to know, but I think those of us with `2020.47.104` don't have a path forward yet.
You were on an earlier build which was probably green-lighted to move forward.

I'm on the same exact software. Changed it to normal then advanced multiple times. On wifi.

Maybe it's because they charged me twice for the car so they're confused?

I heard it can take a week or so but if it's longer than a month contact tesla and they can push an update to your car

I took delivery 3.27.21 and had 2020.47.103.1 installed from factory. I updated mine to 2021.4.12. Scheduled the update through the app and was updated in probably an hour. According to Teslfi, 93% of the model Y's that are subscribed to its data logging have updated to 2021.4.12. I don't think there is a benefit in waiting to update.

I took delivery 3.27.21 and had 2020.47.103.1 installed from factory. I updated mine to 2021.4.12. Scheduled the update through the app and was updated in probably an hour. According to Teslfi, 93% of the model Y's that are subscribed to its data logging have updated to 2021.4.12. I don't think there is a benefit in waiting to update.
I don’t think any of us are “waiting”. It’s that the car is not offering the update for us. I took delivery yesterday (3/29/2021), and am also on 2020.47.104

Hi, I just picked up my Model Y last week. Looking at the version it seems a little behind. How long does it take before it receives its first update? Read about some updates getting stuck, at which point do I need to reach out to Tesla?
Yea, I was bothered by this too. Took delivery last week. I reached out to Tesla support and asked them to push the latest update to my car and they refused. They said, your car is still on factory firmware and won’t get an update until the next bi-weekly cycle.
We just have to be patient.

How do you schedule the update through the app? When I clicked on service and asked I got a text message back and forth run around (see above post) The “hit advanced 10 times” trick doesn’t work on factory firmware.