Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y has version 2020.47.104

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a theory. Looking at the Teslafi stats most MY LR AWD (what I have) that are on new(er) versions have VIN much less than mine (1579XX). I suspect all of us who are not updating have a quite recent VIN. My theory is that this VIN is linked to a hardware change (battery pack capacity?) that they don't want exposed yet. The theory is that if we could update SW it would see whatever this update is, it would become known, and might cause people to wait for these newer VINs in places in the country where they are selling local stock with lesser VIN. Just a thought...

How do you schedule the update through the app? When I clicked on service and asked I got a text message back and forth run around (see above post) The “hit advanced 10 times” trick doesn’t work on factory firmware.
1617176322069.png

I had a notification like this in the app. Apparently my situation is different than the issue you guys are experiencing.

I have a theory. Looking at the Teslafi stats most MY LR AWD (what I have) that are on new(er) versions have VIN much less than mine (1579XX). I suspect all of us who are not updating have a quite recent VIN. My theory is that this VIN is linked to a hardware change (battery pack capacity?) that they don't want exposed yet. The theory is that if we could update SW it would see whatever this update is, it would become known, and might cause people to wait for these newer VINs in places in the country where they are selling local stock with lesser VIN. Just a thought...
I’m definitely gonna get my hopes up, lol. 152XXX VIN.

• Funny
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Chris, any outcome yet re getting your money back?
Yes! Got it back this morning. They said my double funds posted on their end so they are issuing the refund right now which was yesterday around noon. Not sure how true it is and if the media made it right. Will be doing a video on all I learned for those that may need help in the future

Took delivery 3/28 VIN 1419xx and have 2020.47.104
I switched the software setting to Advanced this morning to see if that triggers an update
It won’t, lol. Cars on “factory firmware” don’t get their first updates until the routine bi-weekly update push hits.
After this initial first update, only then does the advanced setting actually put your vehicle into any priority update pool.
Just found this out from my SA.
Once your car is in the regular loop you can alternatively tap the advanced button 7-10 times rapidly and trigger any instant updates that would otherwise come later.

View attachment 649526
I had a notification like this in the app. Apparently my situation is different than the issue you guys are experiencing.
That is great! God, it seems like for every 2 different Tesla reps, there are 2 different stories. Or, your car magically fell within the 10% of new cars that still gets any updates pushed before the initial bi-weekly push.
Tesla won’t push any updates manually to my car and has told me to “sit tight”. Hows the boombox? Have you played “la coco racha” on your horn yet. I personally can’t wait to fly by a taco truck and play that.

Glad I'm not alone here :D
From the sound of it looks like we have to wait for the magic bi-weekly update. Wish there was some way to know that, seems so strange there's no way to force it. But I can wait. I just was definitely getting worried when moving to advanced, and taping it a bunch of times didn't do anything. Glad it sounds like it's just the special handling of factory firmware (which is the first I've heard of it but makes sense)

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
Tapping on advanced has never worked for me, not now in my Model Y picked up on March 20 not in the Model 3 we've had since Dec 2019. As for "bi-weekly" updates - we definitely don't get updates that frequently in the Model 3. Updates seem to just come when they do... sometimes frequently, sometimes a month or two apart.

I received my Model Y yesterday. I am on the same software. 2020.47.104. I am missing boombox, and I think some more advanced summon features? Can anyone elaborate on what else might be coming with an update? Even an update that catches us up with everyone?

Tapping on advanced has never worked for me, not now in my Model Y picked up on March 20 not in the Model 3 we've had since Dec 2019. As for "bi-weekly" updates - we definitely don't get updates that frequently in the Model 3. Updates seem to just come when they do... sometimes frequently, sometimes a month or two apart.
Yes, we don’t get updates every 2 weeks, but the “mothership” processes updates on a bi-weekly update. This ensures that everybody gets their updates as they release groups - they don’t push every car at once. They break it up and dispatch them regularly. You won’t see a new update every 14 days. Maybe I should have elaborated on that.

Yes, we don’t get updates every 2 weeks, but the “mothership” processes updates on a bi-weekly update. This ensures that everybody gets their updates as they release groups - they don’t push every car at once. They break it up and dispatch them regularly. You won’t see a new update every 14 days. Maybe I should have elaborated on that.
OK, I picked up mine more than 2 weeks ago and have not received any updates yet. Is it normal?

I received my Model Y yesterday. I am on the same software. 2020.47.104. I am missing boombox, and I think some more advanced summon features? Can anyone elaborate on what else might be coming with an update? Even an update that catches us up with everyone?
If I forked out an extra $10k for FSD and wasn’t getting my full pop because of an update pending, I would be pissed!