Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y has version 2020.47.104

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery last week, and the softer version is still 2020.47. It will update soon, just to make sure it is on Wi-Fi.
(in our case it is mildly irritating because the model 3 has the newer UI with the different layout, and every time I go back to the Y it is clear I prefer the new one. Which overall makes me happy because this is the symptom of good UI changes)

That is great! God, it seems like for every 2 different Tesla reps, there are 2 different stories. Or, your car magically fell within the 10% of new cars that still gets any updates pushed before the initial bi-weekly push.
Tesla won’t push any updates manually to my car and has told me to “sit tight”. Hows the boombox? Have you played “la coco racha” on your horn yet. I personally can’t wait to fly by a taco truck and play that.
I think it’s unfortunate they included that there. I understand the light hearted intent behind it, but that perspective stands on a platform of ignorance.

I was chatting with some Latino friends about boombox and doing what you say could honestly be taken as a deliberate racist jab.

also, it’s “La Cucaracha”. No coconuts were involved.

Would you play an oriental riff when passing a Chinese restaurant?

Reactions: Hexo09 and AlexHung
It’s highly unlikely new features. The version we are on (same here I took delivery 03/31) was the version prior to the holiday update UI changes that have not been well welcome (wider car visualization), I wonder if that with v11 on the horizon as soon as MS and MX start making deliveries if we are stuck in this version until v11 comes out.
That makes sense to me otherwise I would contact service as today marks the 3 weeks after the delivery of my Model Y (picked up on March 16) and I am still stuck with the same version.

Does anyone with the heated steering wheel have a newer software version? I'm thinking we are all stuck on the old version until the heated steering wheel gets folded into the newer software. Picked up on 3/20/21 and still on the 2020 software.

I think it’s unfortunate they included that there. I understand the light hearted intent behind it, but that perspective stands on a platform of ignorance.

I was chatting with some Latino friends about boombox and doing what you say could honestly be taken as a deliberate racist jab.

Wow. Was referring to the “roach couch”. It wasn’t a Hispanic rip in anyway. Taco trucks, fish trucks, even American food trucks are notorious for having roaches. But thank you for correcting me on how to spell it! Glad you know how to use google. Relax man. Don’t make this a BLM, or other racist thing. It’s not even like that. Also, you have no idea what ethnic background I come from, right?

Wow. Was referring to the “roach couch”. It wasn’t a Hispanic rip in anyway. Taco trucks, fish trucks, even American food trucks are notorious for having roaches. But thank you for correcting me on how to spell it! Glad you know how to use google. Relax man. Don’t make this a BLM, or other racist thing. It’s not even like that. Also, you have no idea what ethnic background I come from, right?
People can’t take even the smallest bit of criticism anymore.

Your ethnic background and mine are irrelevant. As is the “thing” label you attach to my commment. I’m just telling you that playing it by a taco truck could be a signal that is not a lighthearted “hey check me out I have a doofus expensive toy”.

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
Does anyone with the heated steering wheel have a newer software version? I'm thinking we are all stuck on the old version until the heated steering wheel gets folded into the newer software. Picked up on 3/20/21 and still on the 2020 software.
I took delivery in February with a heated steering wheel and I'm currently on 2021.4.12. It takes a few weeks after taking delivery before you get your first update. Think I was on the 2020 version for about 3 weeks before I got my update.

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
People can’t take even the smallest bit of criticism anymore.
I take criticism without any problem, I believe that we are on this planet to help one another. I just was misunderstood is all. Everyone is so quick to “cancel” something and play a race card when it’s not a racist thing at all. My mistake was assuming that people wouldn’t be offended by my comment and take it out of its intended context (in my mind I was playing it to all “roach coaches” it’s just a coincidence that the song is Spanish and I said “taco truck” should have said “Food Truck”. I should have thought about that first! For that, I apologize and have learned.

Now as far as the “look at my expensive toy” angle, I think that is silly. Where I live almost everyone drives a $50,000 car. A car passing by at 45mph - in a sea of other cars.. by the time anyone goes “wtf was that!” My car is already down the road.
Nice cars are expensive and drawing attention to a boombox noise is no different then the guy with his BMW M3 making dsg farts all day.. not saying it’s right or wrong- it just is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: EchoDelta
I’m thinking this is a sound guess — I have the heated steering wheel and 2020.47.104 (as I think all MY and M3's delivered in the last month or so do). My only caution is whether that’s the only thing holding 2020.47.104 back from 2021.* or is it the case where there are other additions that also make this branch ahead of 2021.*? . I am curious to hear if anyone with the heated wheel is ahead because then that would indicate the later case of other unexposed changes, right?

Lol for me I literally think of avengers when they had to find the taco truck hahaha