Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y - no autopilot??

csawyer

Jun 8, 2021
PA, USA
Picked up my new model Y in NJ yesterday (LR, White/Black, 19"). When driving home, I saw that the autopilot was calibrating via the blue wheel on the display. After a period of time, the wheel disappeared and has not returned. Am I missing something? Do i have to enable autopilot somewhere? Really enjoyed reading this forum leading up to delivery!

rohiggidy

May 27, 2021
ny
Picked up my new model Y in NJ yesterday (LR, White/Black, 19"). When driving home, I saw that the autopilot was calibrating via the blue wheel on the display. After a period of time, the wheel disappeared and has not returned. Am I missing something? Do i have to enable autopilot somewhere? Really enjoyed reading this forum leading up to delivery!
autopilot shows up when its available. No steering wheel means its not available in that area. Autosteer and FSD visualization should be turned on in autopilot settings.

rohiggidy

May 27, 2021
ny
I was just about to make a thread about how confusing the different variations of autopilot is. especially youtube videos who dont label the videos correctly such as basic autopilot which is standard vs enhanced vs FSD. I thought I had navigate on autopilot via the basic package.

growler23

Apr 27, 2021
Austin, TX, USA
Hm. I got my new model Y LR last week, once the calibration was done I was able to use it on the highway. Autosteer was not available since I hadn't gone to the screen to agree to the beta terms for it, but basic Autopilot (traffic aware cruise) worked for me.

Reactions: SQLDevDBA

csawyer

Jun 8, 2021
PA, USA
Thanks. Odd that after it calibrated, it was unavailable on a well-marked and defined multi-lane highway. Haven't seen it since after about 70 miles of driving.

rohiggidy

May 27, 2021
ny
Thanks. Odd that after it calibrated, it was unavailable on a well-marked and defined multi-lane highway. Haven't seen it since after about 70 miles of driving.
was this in the day time or at night. If it still doesn't come on then return to the service station to have them look at it.

rohiggidy

May 27, 2021
ny
did you agree to the tesla vision terms? Its in the tesla account

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
Make sure you've enabled everything in the Autopilot section of the UI. And I think I read somewhere that Auto High Beams functionality also has to be enabled, so make sure that is on as well - in the Lights section. Not sure if that is for basic AP or FSD.

StealthMicro

May 26, 2021
Bakersfield, CA
Maybe some sort of camera issue? But you would think you would get warnings for that. You might just drop by a Tesla service center and ask about it. I am sure they can take a minute to talk to you and even take a quick peak at it if needed.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC