Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Performance, No Ryzen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just took delivery of a new Model Y Performance today after delaying our order back in December for possible tax credit and 2022 model year updates (Heated Wipers, Ryzen MCU, and Li-Ion 12V)

Unfortunately the MCU is the old Intel Atom MCU.

Prior to going out to the car I asked the SA about the 2022 updates and he said that we should have them since our car was built on 2/7.

Didnt check while at the dealer as I assumed it would be there based on his confidence. Sadly, no, old MCU.

I’m assuming part shortage, but man that really stings.

Big warning to anyone expecting Ryzen…don’t count on it.

Just called the customer support number and was told that “we’re in a transition period so some cars have Ryzen and some have Atom”

When I asked about a retrofit he said no option for retrofit.

He also stated that if it is Atom then there is also no new Li-Ion 12V or wiper heaters.

Thanks for confirming an Intel delivery

Did you get any of the other stuff? Heated wipers?
The software needs to be updated for me to know for sure since it came with 2021.43.101.2 and the wipers weren’t activated in that software…but based on my call it seems unlikely.

Rep said no way to know what you’re getting until it shows up, so no option to defer delivery either.

The software needs to be updated for me to know for sure since it came with 2021.43.101.2 and the wipers weren’t activated in that software…but based on my call it seems unlikely.

Rep said no way to know what you’re getting until it shows up, so no option to defer delivery either.
That’s incorrect. Sales advisors have access to build information and you can call/text them to confirm processor and battery. I confirmed ryzen and new battery on chat, phone, and text. Only thing text and chat wasn’t able to confirm were the tires, but on the phone they did confirm all seasons.

Reactions: BnGrm
We just took delivery of a new Model Y Performance today after delaying our order back in December for possible tax credit and 2022 model year updates (Heated Wipers, Ryzen MCU, and Li-Ion 12V)

Prior to going out to the car I asked the SA about the 2022 updates and he said that we should have them since our car was built on 2/7.

Didnt check while at the dealer as I assumed it would be there based on his confidence. Sadly, no, old MCU.

Whats the first 3 after the F for your vin?

VIN Number?

What state are you in?

whats your vin? F7XX. F8XX, OR F9XX?

Why is the Intel Atom MCU such a problem. Ignore the hype and enjoy the car - it works just as well.
You wouldn't see any real world difference unless you played with them side by side.

Why is the Intel Atom MCU such a problem. Ignore the hype and enjoy the car - it works just as well.
You wouldn't see any real world difference unless you played with them side by side.
Although FOMO plays a big part in it, it is a big deal when the sole screen/infotainment/nav system in the vehicle runs off of it. It just sucks when you paid the same price as someone else while getting a worse product.

Although FOMO plays a big part in it, it is a big deal when the sole screen/infotainment/nav system in the vehicle runs off of it. It just sucks when you paid the same price as someone else while getting a worse product.
you'll never see any difference.
why is it that 2 years' worth of Users never complained?

AMD was the 2nd tier player - Intel was lower power draw and won the initial contract.
Then Intel couldn't keep up supplies and Tesla went back to AMD.

Once that decision was made, Tesla (China) posted videos purporting to show AMD was faster. Well.....not that much.
Note that you then began to see postings about battery charge going down faster on the Ryzen cars.

Really, this all minutiae. The car works the same way using either MCU proc.

Look on the bright side...
You'll get about 10 more miles of range with the Atom.
🥴