Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Price Reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the difference I paid for my Model X and for what they go for now (including MCU2) I almost could buy a Model 3. Do I care? NO. Just don't think about it and enjoy what you bought.

Absolutely not. This is our hard earned money and Tesla should not disregard recent owners of the Model Y. Completely absurd and disloyal to not only current customers but to future Tesla customers as well.

P.S. You have no right to tell me to just forget about flushing $3000 down the drain. I am barely outside of my 7 day policy so folks like me get screwed pretty hard. Because of this, I will NOT enjoy what I bought.

• Funny
Reactions: ra88it
Absolutely not. This is our hard earned money and Tesla should not disregard recent owners of the Model Y. Completely absurd and disloyal to not only current customers but to future Tesla customers as well.

P.S. You have no right to tell me to just forget about flushing $3000 down the drain. I am barely outside of my 7 day policy so folks like me get screwed pretty hard. Because of this, I will NOT enjoy what I bought.

You got what you paid for.

I picked up on 06/23/2020. Model Y Performance. So far the car is brilliant. Best I have ever had I believe.

I got what I paid for.

Tesla is not an OEM. This is how they have to operate.

OEM dealers do it all the time. No one knows about it because it is not posted on a web site.

Reactions: ra88it and wasloan

So how far back should they go giving people refunds.

And whatever your answer is, what about the people that bought 1 day before that?

Nobody is saying your experience doesn't suck and that you have no right to be pissed.

New Model Y Price Reduction - The Model Y just received a $3,000 price decrease on the LR AWD.

Here is my dilemma, I have a LR AWD Red with White Interior Model Y that has been on order since January. I just received a text from Tesla 30 minutes ago asking me to schedule my delivery. Do I except the car and lose $3,000, do I order a new car or is there another suggestion??
I just spoke to my delivery advisor a few minutes ago and she was more than happy to adjust the price. My delivery is scheduled for the 19th.

Wow, I guess we might as well pull off another band aid and get it over with - our cars lost a chunk of value as soon as we took possession. And don’t even ask about Santa Claus, too much for one day...

We picked our Y 5 weeks ago and, yes, this price reduction hurts a bit. But, in the end, it IS a good thing because lower prices means more EVs on the road, which is good for the earth and humanity. Then again, this is a pretty quick price reduction from when the Y was first available so the sting is a more than normal. How about we - meaning all the Q2 Model Y recipients - just ask Elon for a simple thank you . . . with 5000 free supercharger miles attached. His impressive Q2 results are due in large part to us and he is richer than stink so a little bit of sharing is in order, IMHO. In the meantime, the car is great and a joy to drive.

Reactions: Isakura and Klau2
How about ICE manufactures that offer different incentives/rebates depending on region. Prices change on all items. Should I sue Samsung because the TV I bought at $3,000 is now $1,700. Get over it and move on.....
Yes, it's true but Tesla can learn a lot about of customer service and psychology of loss of aversion. This is Tesla cult following will not last if they do ignore that part.

We picked our Y 5 weeks ago and, yes, this price reduction hurts a bit. But, in the end, it IS a good thing because lower prices means more EVs on the road, which is good for the earth and humanity. Then again, this is a pretty quick price reduction from when the Y was first available so the sting is a more than normal. How about we - meaning all the Q2 Model Y recipients - just ask Elon for a simple thank you . . . with 5000 free supercharger miles attached. His impressive Q2 results are due in large part to us and he is richer than stink so a little bit of sharing is in order, IMHO. In the meantime, the car is great and a joy to drive.

Sure and we will get nothing.

New Model Y Price Reduction - The Model Y just received a $3,000 price decrease on the LR AWD.

Here is my dilemma, I have a LR AWD Red with White Interior Model Y that has been on order since January. I just received a text from Tesla 30 minutes ago asking me to schedule my delivery. Do I except the car and lose $3,000, do I order a new car or is there another suggestion??
I had a similar situation. I am scheduled for a 07/21 delivery. I emailed my advisor yesterday asking for a $2000 discount (-$3000 for MY and +$1000 for FSD), and he said he “opened a case” for my order. Today my order page has been updated to reflect a $2000 lower cost! It appears you just need to ask if you haven’t taken delivery yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: firerock and ra88it
I am wondering whether there is a way to get the price reduction on my open Y order without having to pay the extra $1,000 for FSD?
I doubt it. I think you have to take the increase and decrease both. I am scheduled for a 07/21 delivery. I emailed my advisor yesterday asking for a $2000 discount (-$3000 for MY and +$1000 for FSD), and he said he “opened a case” for my order. Today my order page has been updated to reflect a $2000 lower cost! It appears you just need to ask if you haven’t taken delivery yet.

Wow, I guess we might as well pull off another band aid and get it over with - our cars lost a chunk of value as soon as we took possession. And don’t even ask about Santa Claus, too much for one day...

Indeed, just compare the price drop over time for the other cars.

Tesla Model S Base Price History.png

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History.png

Tesla Model X Base Price History.png

Tesla Model Y Base Price History.png

Then you are really immature and obviously dont remember the early PC days. Spend $3000 on a pc with the latest specs, only to sell for under $1000 a year or so later. LMAO

And again Tesla reinforces the idea of ordering in advance or at the initial rollout of a new model is a very bad idea. I ordered my Y a couple days after the reveal in hopes what happened with the 3 didn’t happen to the Y as I thought Tesla would have learned and improved the bad things that happened when the 3 came out. Wrong! Quality issues, goofy production and delivery processes and now the price drop just a few months after starting delivery shows either Tesla has learned nothing or doesn’t care about its customers. If I was considering a Cybertruck and had an order, I’d cancel it. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have waited on buying my Y until it had been out for at least 6 months.

Reactions: CyberB