Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y, system failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Team - we have a 2022 MYLR we picked up day after Thanksgiving. Last Tue had a complete failure - steering, abs, regen braking, etc. Warnings lit up the screen. Tesla picked up via flat bed within an hour, and here I am Fri with no tangible update. Anyone have anything like that happen. Bit upset I'm losing my brand new 7 seat vehicle over the holidays. They don't have a comparable loaner, and not worth the 1.5 hour drive each way to get a 5 seat vehicle.

If a Tesla vehicle is brought to a Tesla Service center on a flatbed Tesla policy is that the vehicle is supposed to be evaluated within 24 hours. Someone should have reached out to you with an update by Thursday latest.

If your Tesla vehicle is undergoing warranty repair, if Tesla does not have a loaner vehicle available you should be entitled to Lyft/Uber voucher or a rental car voucher.

Use the Tesla app to post an inquiry as to the status of your Tesla vehicle. Request a voucher for a rental vehicle.

If a Tesla vehicle is brought to a Tesla Service center on a flatbed Tesla policy is that the vehicle is supposed to be evaluated within 24 hours. Someone should have reached out to you with an update by Thursday latest.

If your Tesla vehicle is undergoing warranty repair, if Tesla does not have a loaner vehicle available you should be entitled to Lyft/Uber voucher or a rental car voucher.

Use the Tesla app to post an inquiry as to the status of your Tesla vehicle. Request a voucher for a rental vehicle.
Do you know where it says that? I couldn't find that verbiage in the warranty. To be clear, we have talked to them (and they've been relatively friendly), but the response was "we don't what it is, and we don't know when it will get fixed, and we have multiple techs out because of COVID". I'll give them a call Monday and be more pushy. Thanks!

Reactions: MikeR99
Do you know where it says that? I couldn't find that verbiage in the warranty. To be clear, we have talked to them (and they've been relatively friendly), but the response was "we don't what it is, and we don't know when it will get fixed, and we have multiple techs out because of COVID". I'll give them a call Monday and be more pushy. Thanks!
This is or at least was an internal service policy. My 2020 LRMY developed an AC compressor oil leak within the first few weeks of delivery. This was in July 2020. Tesla Mobile Service came to my home and determined that one of the AC compressor lines was leaking compressor oil. This required my Tesla Model Y to be repaired at the Tesla Service Center.

After several days of no further contact from Tesla I reached out to the Tesla Mobile Service technician who had diagnosed the problem. The Mobile Technician was the one who told me that if the Tesla vehicle was towed to the Service Center the vehicle had to be evaluated within 24 hours (not counting weekends when Tesla Service was closed) or the next working day. The Mobile Technician spoke with Tesla Roadside Assistance by phone, explained the situation. Roadside Assistance dispatched a flat bed to pick up my Model Y and deliver the vehicle to the Rockville Service Center.

This was on a Friday so no one was available to evaluate my Model Y until sometime Monday at the earliest. I sent a request via the Tesla app requesting an update on the following Tuesday morning. I received a phone call from the Tesla Service Manager on the Tuesday afternoon stating that parts had to be ordered. I was able to obtain a Tesla loaner vehicle that Tuesday afternoon. I drove the loaner Model S until the following Monday or Tuesday (I forget which) when my Model Y was ready to be picked up.

Hey Team - we have a 2022 MYLR we picked up day after Thanksgiving. Last Tue had a complete failure - steering, abs, regen braking, etc. Warnings lit up the screen. Tesla picked up via flat bed within an hour, and here I am Fri with no tangible update. Anyone have anything like that happen. Bit upset I'm losing my brand new 7 seat vehicle over the holidays. They don't have a comparable loaner, and not worth the 1.5 hour drive each way to get a 5 seat vehicle.
Same thing happened to us on delivery day. Only traveled 1/2 mile from delivery. Managed to drive back to SC and refused the car. They returned my cashiers check and in two days I had a new car.

Same (or similar) issue happened to me on delivery of MYLR 7seater. The alignment was off on delivery and I didn’t get the warnings until ~ 10+ miles after driving off the lot. Took it in for service and it was fixed for good after 3 days in for repair. Good luck, was demoralizing for me to ride the wave of delivery emotions to seeing my new ride go right back for repair; but she’s still going strong months later.

Reactions: Deutsch100
Same (or similar) issue happened to me on delivery of MYLR 7seater. The alignment was off on delivery and I didn’t get the warnings until ~ 10+ miles after driving off the lot. Took it in for service and it was fixed for good after 3 days in for repair. Good luck, was demoralizing for me to ride the wave of delivery emotions to seeing my new ride go right back for repair; but she’s still going strong months later.
Yep, it's my wife's car and she was excited to have it for when parents visited for the holidays and being able to shuttle everyone around with our kids (also a 7 seater), waited 4 months to get the car. On her day off to show the sites, ran over to the supercharger to top it off and it failed just down the road from our house. A bit embarrassing after bragging up the car...