Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y's - 82kwh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen any new posts recently.... for CA deliveries in the past few months are all the MY 82kwh? Can people confirm please?

Also, since they have the same rated range as non-82kwh older versions does that mean we can charge to 90%+ because it won't actually be "100%" if someone the extra 5kwh is reserved?

Haven't seen any new posts recently.... for CA deliveries in the past few months are all the MY 82kwh? Can people confirm please?

Also, since they have the same rated range as non-82kwh older versions does that mean we can charge to 90%+ because it won't actually be "100%" if someone the extra 5kwh is reserved?
I have no particular inside information, but the board consensus is that this has been the case since around April. Interestingly, Shanghai MYLR and MYP have just had a range estimate increase of 30 odd miles (China of course calculates range differently from the EPA, so this might be about 20 EPA miles), which seems to suggest that we might see a similar re-calibration here. That would seem a logical result of going from 77kwh to 82. But who knows? It's all still fairly murky...

I have no particular inside information, but the board consensus is that this has been the case since around April. Interestingly, Shanghai MYLR and MYP have just had a range estimate increase of 30 odd miles (China of course calculates range differently from the EPA, so this might be about 20 EPA miles), which seems to suggest that we might see a similar re-calibration here. That would seem a logical result of going from 77kwh to 82. But who knows? It's all still fairly murky...
The MY has always had the same range (aside from heat pump bump) right? So does that mean they've been limited to 77kwh? And it could be safe to charge to 100% which really isn't 100% if the extra 5kwh is locked away?

The MY has always had the same range (aside from heat pump bump) right? So does that mean they've been limited to 77kwh? And it could be safe to charge to 100% which really isn't 100% if the extra 5kwh is locked away?
Yes, I'm 99% sure it's always been 326 (which of course was with the 77kwh battery). As for charging to 100%, that's a good question. I don't know, although even charging to 93% (or whatever 77 of 82 is) would accelerate degradation I would think. But good questions. I'm not sure if the "guess what Tesla is up to" game is more fun or frustrating...

Where did you see this change for MiC MY's? I've only seen people post that their rated range shows 330mi. vs the advertised 326mi.