Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montreal, QC - Cote Vertu Blvd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great! but at some point Tesla will throttle you at max 60 kw...

It's best to charge at home for sure.
I live in Toronto, I don't plan on using the Montreal Superchargers regularly, but when staying in another city you don't have options.

Since too much supercharging is not great for battery life I would rather plug into a 110 overnight for the 7 km an hour, but where I stay I don't always have access to that!

Maybe I made it seem like I would be charging daily. Not the case.

Still glad I get to go for a coffe with my dad and charge my Model X at the same time. If you see a red signature model X in Ville Saint Laurent that will be me!

Pics as of today 18h00

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Buzzz
Hello everyone,

First, let me say thank you Tesla for building the electric infrastructure that most governments don't have the courage to do. Tesla didn't have to do that and many people don't understand that. I don't see BMW nor GM nor Nissan, to name just these three, building any kind of electric infrastructure...

This being said, I can't say I'm really happy with this choice of location. I live in Bois-Francs which is 2 mins away from this SC so I most likely won't be using it anyway. I avoid going to Adonis like the plague because, in part, of that parking lot. There are other places around that shopping mall where they could have put it. The people that drive there are impolite and dangerous. High likelihood of both icing and getting your car dinged. Had they put it in an open space, still around there (remote spot at the Canadian Tire parking spot), there would have been need for snow removal, yes, but much less likely to be iced and much nicer experience overall.

Also, it is pretty far away from the highway system for Montreal if you're thinking that people will be using it for transit through Montreal. I agree with the people who mention having one at Dix30 and in Vaudreuil-Dorion at the junction of the 40/30 in the West Island. Lastly, where are the Ottawa and Quebec SCs???

Regards,

Bertrand

I used to live in the area too... And I do have mixed feeling about it too... I mean yah I do like it I go from Toronto to Mtl every month so I'll end up using it to top off before taking the road on my M3... But I gotta say a better place would have been at Point Claire... St Jean is still super busy on rush hours but, its further away from the city then it's right along the 40 so most people leaving Montreal to go to Ottawa or Toronto would end up taking this route anyway...with the service road and all you wouldn't even have to deal with St Jean...
But honestly can't complain lol at least there is one near by and to me that's a cause for celebration...

Some new pictures from today (saturday may 14th). The charging stalls are all up, and I saw uninstalled transformer cabinets off to one side (not in the pics). I think their base is seen on the left side of the second and second to last pictures.

Note in the last picture what seems to be a temporary entrance to the covered structure directly from the street corner. I wonder whether (but doubt) if this will be kept as permament, would be a much faster way to access the chargers without having to drive past the Adonis shopping cart gauntlet.

View attachment 176584 View attachment 176585 View attachment 176586 View attachment 176587 View attachment 176588

Ohh man... They grow sooo fast... Like weeds lol... By the time I get back to mtl it will be already done...

It's best to charge at home for sure.
I live in Toronto, I don't plan on using the Montreal Superchargers regularly, but when staying in another city you don't have options.

Since too much supercharging is not great for battery life I would rather plug into a 110 overnight for the 7 km an hour, but where I stay I don't always have access to that!

Maybe I made it seem like I would be charging daily. Not the case.

Still glad I get to go for a coffe with my dad and charge my Model X at the same time. If you see a red signature model X in Ville Saint Laurent that will be me!

Woow red Sig X? Next time you are planning on going to mtl and wanna do a supercharge let me know... I'll travel from Toronto to mtl on the spot to go see it...

Reactions: Martin VanB
Thanks for the pictures, Claude.

You mentioned the transformers were on site but not yet installed. Did you have pictures of them? With 12 stalls, they must be pretty large!

Here are some pictures from today. Only the immediate area around the SCs is fenced now, to the delight of the Adonis customers leaving their carts everywhere as per previous habits.

Zax, I took one shot of what I think is the transformers, stored in a separate fenced space.

Overall looking good !!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    492.7 KB · Views: 72
Great pics, thanks Jeep, Yes these in a separate enclosure is what I assumed to be the equipment that will go on that separate pad but I am not aware of exactly what these are.

The sooner this is operational the better. I also seen from the painting contractor images on his phone of what the final layout will look like. This will be a pretty unique SC layout because their will be 2 car length back to back instead of all lined up in a single row as usual