Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New, more advanced version of rear lighted T for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are slight differences in the width of the arch over the T owing to the COB LED technology and ability to manage manufacturing of small sizes. But even Tesla has changed the width of that arch. At first it was noticeably thinner.

In this lighted version it would take an eagle eye to notice the difference. Evidently you're that eagle eye:) Most other people wouldn't even notice.

You don’t need to be eagle-eyed at all. That looks nothing like the Tesla emblem. I mean to each his own but...NOPE!

Reactions: Adam3 and cucubits
My 3 is Red , so (I am only guessing) it would be better to go full brightness , to get the better color contrast ?

Also, Roughly how much extra time , does it take to connect to both circuits (as compared to license plate only) ?

Last year, I was quoted a price for install, but that was to the license plate only.
My 3 is Red , so (I am only guessing) it would be better to go full brightness , to get the better color contrast ?

Also, Roughly how much extra time , does it take to connect to both circuits (as compared to license plate only) ?

Last year, I was quoted a price for install, but that was to the license plate only.

A skilled tech may need an extra 30 - 60 mins to wire the brake connection. I have red Tesla’s and the license plate level of brightness shows fine.

This is interesting. quick (very) nooby questions :
  • Is there a way that future versions are thinner ? it looks like close to 1cm which seems very high/thick.
  • Even if I wrapped my model 3, in quebec winters, dirt, mud, snow get at the back of the trunk lid (i do not know how... aerodynamics maybe ?) - so if making a hole, what would be the best way to "waterproof" the hole and stickiness of the T ?
  • Is it in the realm of possibility to have the T alimented through wireless in a future version that would avoid percing the trunk ?

maybe I missed it?

model 3 lit T?
color? height? power?

thx!
Per the OP's op - the Rear T was developed with his partnership with Evannex. The front - not so much update since a year ago.

The Evannex Rear T for 3/X/Y and maybe S are actually on sale for $99 (from $299) among other things.
Combined with code ELONBUCKS ($10 off) - u can have $12 (was $40sh) T Puddle light almost for free...

Attachments

• MY_LIGHTED_T_DETAIL1_1024x1024.jpg
    MY_LIGHTED_T_DETAIL1_1024x1024.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210306_104142.jpg
    20210306_104142.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20210307-111535_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210307-111535_Gmail.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 106
For sure. Not sure who will sell them but they're coming: Front and rear for the S, X. 3, Y, Cybertruck, and 2020 Roadster.

For now, just red on the rear (legal requirement when the car is moving), front white. But if there's enough demand we can make an RGB version and also provide a black film, for the chrome blackout fans, that provides the same effects as the chrome: black when off, red or white when lighted.

A black one would be nice.

Per the OP's op - the Rear T was developed with his partnership with Evannex. The front - not so much update since a year ago.

The Evannex Rear T for 3/X/Y and maybe S are actually on sale for $99 (from $299) among other things.
Combined with code ELONBUCKS ($10 off) - u can have $12 (was $40sh) T Puddle light almost for free...

still looks like the old one which just lights up not the sides not the OP's :
My original version and all of the current versions of the Ts are side lit – that is the light emanates from the side of the T, not the front, and the OEM chrome piece blocks any light emanating from the front.

Happily, I found a manufacturer who specializes in Chip On Board (COB) LEDs who could also manufacture a shell for the T and electroplate it with a thin chrome film that shows the entire T as chrome when not lit, then lights the entire shape of the T when lit.

Anyone familiar with how these are molded? The wire broke from mine and wanted to reattach it. Tried to separate the chrome from the white plastic but it seems like it’s glued, not just snapped together.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!