Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the review and photos! It seems like the vast majority out there have the adjustable comfort. Your thoughts are really helpful in my decision making process. Also, good to see that you are on the stock aeros so for me, it would be a more apples to apples comparison. What type of wh/mi increases are you seeing with the lower stance?
Without recording the wh/mi average before and after I would say I am getting about -15 wh/mi benefit. The highway is really noticeable. The weather is very warm now which helps, but I couldn't believe it when I saw real time readings getting in the high 180's wh/mi The total average now reads 254 wh/mi mostly highway driving and aggressive tests making turns around local streets. Glad to help anytime. MPP is first rate and offers us mature products now having been out close to two years now. IMO the adjustable comforts are the way to go unless serious track times and use is your passion.

Reactions: bcpm3p and Occhis
Without recording the wh/mi average before and after I would say I am getting about -15 wh/mi benefit. The highway is really noticeable. The weather is very warm now which helps, but I couldn't believe it when I saw real time readings getting in the high 180's wh/mi The total average now reads 254 wh/mi mostly highway driving and aggressive tests making turns around local streets. Glad to help anytime. MPP is first rate and offers us mature products now having been out close to two years now. IMO the adjustable comforts are the way to go unless serious track times and use is your passion.

Thank you for your feedback and support zman222! Too bad electricity is so affordable otherwise it might be more of a selling point to improve efficiency!

Thank you for your feedback and support zman222! Too bad electricity is so affordable otherwise it might be more of a selling point to improve efficiency!
Well it always feels good to get more efficiency, but many of us (myself included) have solar panels and probably care less about that. I just never want to smell gasoline ever again as others still do while filling up an ICE car. Electric rules....

So I'm also on the fence on which CO set-up to get. I'm leaning towards the adjustable comfort set-up but on the other hand, still considering the sport setup.

From what I've been reading, if I go with the comfort set-up, I would still need (want) to upgrade the sway bars to reduce body lean in turns. Where as, with the sport set up and stiffer spring and sring rate, the stock sway bars would suffice in body roll reduction.

I don't plan to track my P3D, (nothing available here on Oahu, HI.) but they both cost the same and the installation is also the same. Just the added cost of new sway bars and additional install time.

Can someone please help to sway my decision.

Thanks I'm advance!

Reactions: silverflash
So I'm also on the fence on which CO set-up to get. I'm leaning towards the adjustable comfort set-up but on the other hand, still considering the sport setup.

From what I've been reading, if I go with the comfort set-up, I would still need (want) to upgrade the sway bars to reduce body lean in turns. Where as, with the sport set up and stiffer spring and sring rate, the stock sway bars would suffice in body roll reduction.

I don't plan to track my P3D, (nothing available here on Oahu, HI.) but they both cost the same and the installation is also the same. Just the added cost of new sway bars and additional install time.

Thanks I'm advance!
If you will never test your car, just get the comfort coilovers and not worry about swaybars. If you like a sportier ride, get the sports. That is what I have and am very satisfied. When going into the twisties with the guys, I set it to 10/8. When I am just chilling, I set it to 12/10. It can be installed at stock ride height without spacers (as some have improperly stated), but I find at 1/2 inch lower from stock is perfect. I scrape nowhere and I have a steep driveway. Plus at 1/2 inch lower, I can still adjust most settings without jacking up the car (except the Fronk settings, then just remove the little cover and the adjusters are right there).

Thanks I'm advance!

Both kits will actually reduce roll. The sport kit more than the Comfort kit. Unless you're planning on tracking the car the reduction in roll is pretty significant even with the Comfort kit , and you really don't need roll bars with either kit. But obviously this is something that by definition really is tuned to individual preference. I personally like a little bit of roll in the corners but not much. The sport kit with the shocks set moderately firm is perfect for me but again your mileage may vary.

If you will never test your car, just get the comfort coilovers and not worry about swaybars. If you like a sportier ride, get the sports. That is what I have and am very satisfied. When going into the twisties with the guys, I set it to 10/8. When I am just chilling, I set it to 12/10. It can be installed at stock ride height without spacers (as some have improperly stated), but I find at 1/2 inch lower from stock is perfect. I scrape nowhere and I have a steep driveway. Plus at 1/2 inch lower, I can still adjust most settings without jacking up the car (except the Fronk settings, then just remove the little cover and the adjusters are right there).

Thanks for your thoughts and sharing your real life settings and road experience.

Both kits will actually reduce roll. The sport kit more than the Comfort kit. Unless you're planning on tracking the car the reduction in roll is pretty significant even with the Comfort kit , and you really don't need roll bars with either kit. But obviously this is something that by definition really is tuned to individual preference. I personally like a little bit of roll in the corners but not much. The sport kit with the shocks set moderately firm is perfect for me but again your mileage may vary.

If I my ask, what setup riding on? Comfort or sport? And what C/R settings are you using for the road?

If I my ask, what setup riding on? Comfort or sport? And what C/R settings are you using for the road?

I've got the sport coilovers. Here's a link explaining everything that I've done with my car. It's set to 10 / 8 in terms of compression rebound just a little off the default settings of 12/10. It's pretty firm, and probably maybe a little stiffer than some people would like, but the handling is incredible.

Reactions: silverflash

Buy sway bars and try those first as they REALLY change how the car feels - you can install them pretty easily and don't need an alignment. Give that a few weeks and see how it feels, then i would suggest going for coilovers :)

For those that have been in both the adjustable comfort and the sport coilovers is there a large difference in comfort? Are the sports able to be even or close to as comfortable as the comfort coilovers?

The sports springs and valving are firmer, so there isn't much overlap between the two kits. If you are exclusively driving on the street, I would say the Comfort Adjustable kit is a no brainer. If you go to the track a few times a year or have some great roads near your house, then maybe the versatility of the Sports kit is for you! Both ride better than stock, but the Comfort Adjustable kit can be adjusted much softer.