Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sports springs and valving are firmer, so there isn't much overlap between the two kits. If you are exclusively driving on the street, I would say the Comfort Adjustable kit is a no brainer. If you go to the track a few times a year or have some great roads near your house, then maybe the versatility of the Sports kit is for you! Both ride better than stock, but the Comfort Adjustable kit can be adjusted much softer.

Based on MPP's reply (Sasha) to silverflash, I'm leaning heavily towards the adjustable comfort set-up. With no track available, roads here on Oahu suck, and my want to lower the stock look of my car, this looks like the way to go.

I thought about doing sway bars as the first suspension mod, but I'll take the plunge by years end and will post before and after pictures of my ride and install.

Reactions: bcpm3p
Based on MPP's reply (Sasha) to silverflash, I'm leaning heavily towards the adjustable comfort set-up. With no track available, roads here on Oahu suck, and my want to lower the stock look of my car, this looks like the way to go.

I thought about doing sway bars as the first suspension mod, but I'll take the plunge by years end and will post before and after pictures of my ride and install.
Based upon what you are saying about your roads, Hawnboy, it's a no brainer to go with the adjustable comforts which still enhance every aspect of driving fun (versus Stock) and comfort. If you never track you will be gaining the comfort's benefits every single day versus compromising with the comfort's if you track often. Just my opinion if it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcpm3p
Based upon what you are saying about your roads, Hawnboy, it's a no brainer to go with the adjustable comforts which still enhance every aspect of driving fun (versus Stock) and comfort. If you never track you will be gaining the comfort's benefits every single day versus compromising with the comfort's if you track often. Just my opinion if it helps.

I would also venture to guess that a person who rarely or even occasionally takes their vehicle to the track, will not be able to feel/tell the difference between the Comfort Adjustable and Sport coilovers. I think it is only the true track enthusiasts (those who actually know how to drive/push their vehicle on the track and try to squeeze every last ounce or more appropriately every last 1/2 second of performance out of their vehicle) who will feel/appreciate the difference.

Of course, I could be wrong. So, wouldn’t mind hearing a different opinion/perspective.

Posted this elsewhere, but realized it might have been in the wrong thread...

I installed the adjustable comfort coilovers a couple of weeks ago. I adjusted the ride height to MPP suggested settings, but had to go back in and raise the rear by about 5-6mm as it sat lower than the front when comparing hub to fender distances. Ultimately, I’d guess that the ride height is about an inch lower than stock at most, but it’s certainly nowhere near slammed. I’ll post a pic later as the one I took earlier this morning had a shadow cast on the tires so you can’t really see where the tires end and the gap begins, lol.

Ride quality at 12/10 compression/rebound is better than stock in terms of reducing that random jumpiness and jarring over bumps that I felt with the stock suspension. Cornering is more composed as well. I actually started off at 12/12 and now have it at 11/9 with increasing amounts of stiffness as I went down on the damper settings. Now I really feel like everything is just more refined and controlled. It makes me want to drive the car more and push it more, whereas before I did not have as much confidence to do so; or I wouldn’t like what I was feeling when I tried.

Awesome job, guys! And thx for your patience and help with my diy install!

Here are some pics of my car on the comfort adjustables. I’d guess it’s a mild 1” drop or so. I didn’t take a profile pic bc another car was parked next to me and I’m too lazy to walk out and take another shot, lol...
B5AC92AD-0BA4-4208-9F89-2CB3476AE444.jpeg

3EB55395-8545-44CB-87DA-314263898083.jpeg

I would also venture to guess that a person who rarely or even occasionally takes their vehicle to the track, will not be able to feel/tell the difference between the Comfort Adjustable and Sport coilovers. I think it is only the true track enthusiasts (those who actually know how to drive/push their vehicle on the track and try to squeeze every last ounce or more appropriately every last 1/2 second of performance out of their vehicle) who will feel/appreciate the difference.

Of course, I could be wrong. So, wouldn’t mind hearing a different opinion/perspective.
You always can feel harder springs - its bouncing faster. If springs are too hard you're going to be massively losing grip on bad pavement and no adjustments of valves is going to help with that. If springs are too soft it floats too much and trying to compensate it with valves gives weird results and bad grip again.

I don't think that either Sport or Comfort are too soft or hard for the street ride. My Sport is similar to a stock BMW M2. It might be not hard enough for a track, but anything perfect for the track is uncomfortable, dangerous and ultimately slow setup on the street.

Here are some pics of my car on the comfort adjustables. I’d guess it’s a mild 1” drop or so. I didn’t take a profile pic bc another car was parked next to me and I’m too lazy to walk out and take another shot, lol...
View attachment 571521
View attachment 571522

I see you're in the DMV! Would love to see your car and take a ride, if you're willing! been looking for someone in the area with these on!

I would happily recommend HG Performance, all of our clients that have gone there loved them.

Yep. These guys are worth the drive! They are 45+ minutes away from me, and there's very little to do in the area (without rideshare), and I still make the trip when I need some work done. They've aligned, corner balanced, installed my upper control arms, and fixed a sloppy coilover install from a different shop. Top notch work.

Also, I love my Sports coilovers, but these sound like a great alternative for non-track folks.

Yep. These guys are worth the drive! They are 45+ minutes away from me, and there's very little to do in the area (without rideshare), and I still make the trip when I need some work done. They've aligned, corner balanced, installed my upper control arms, and fixed a sloppy coilover install from a different shop. Top notch work.

Also, I love my Sports coilovers, but these sound like a great alternative for non-track folks.
Thank you for the original recommendation for HG, it has been solid and a great relationship for us!

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Posted this elsewhere, but realized it might have been in the wrong thread...

I installed the adjustable comfort coilovers a couple of weeks ago. I adjusted the ride height to MPP suggested settings, but had to go back in and raise the rear by about 5-6mm as it sat lower than the front when comparing hub to fender distances. Ultimately, I’d guess that the ride height is about an inch lower than stock at most, but it’s certainly nowhere near slammed. I’ll post a pic later as the one I took earlier this morning had a shadow cast on the tires so you can’t really see where the tires end and the gap begins, lol.

Ride quality at 12/10 compression/rebound is better than stock in terms of reducing that random jumpiness and jarring over bumps that I felt with the stock suspension. Cornering is more composed as well. I actually started off at 12/12 and now have it at 11/9 with increasing amounts of stiffness as I went down on the damper settings. Now I really feel like everything is just more refined and controlled. It makes me want to drive the car more and push it more, whereas before I did not have as much confidence to do so; or I wouldn’t like what I was feeling when I tried.

Awesome job, guys! And thx for your patience and help with my diy install!
I'm going to have the MPP Comforts installed. Can you recommend an installer? I'm in Northern Virginia.

I'm going to have the MPP Comforts installed. Can you recommend an installer? I'm in Northern Virginia.
I actually did the install myself. Just watched a couple of yt vidwow and read a lot here. Worst part was doing it in a hot garage in the summer.

btw, I ended up dropping the rear 5mm (after raising it from recommended settings), so looks like the instructions were right on. Go figure, lol.

I hear MachV does great work.

Reactions: MountainPass
@MountainPass

Got a Question for you! I am looking for a very comfortable smooth/soft ride on my Model 3 and want to do a mild .75-1” drop. I wont be doing any track/racing.

will the adjustable coilovers be a better bet for me? Is the softest setting/rebound on these softer than the non adjustable version?

just trying to figure out what setting the non adjustable version would be best compared to when looking at these?