Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MountainPass

Got a Question for you! I am looking for a very comfortable smooth/soft ride on my Model 3 and want to do a mild .75-1” drop. I wont be doing any track/racing.

will the adjustable coilovers be a better bet for me? Is the softest setting/rebound on these softer than the non adjustable version?

just trying to figure out what setting the non adjustable version would be best compared to when looking at these?

The Comfort Adjustable kit will definitely hit all the marks! The softest setting is softer than the non-adjustable version, so if going as soft as possible is a really high priority, it may be worth it to take the jump to the Comfort Adjustable kit.

Both of them ride and handle great of course, so I wouldn't say you'd be making a mistake going either direction :)

Reactions: AlmightyDollar
I have noticed most people on these cars measure height differences by measuring from the ground to the fender.. this measurement is alwAys off due to tire pressure differences/tire wear.

Correct measurements are done from center of your wheel hub to the fender :)

Thanks, I called, very nice man, but quoted me $1,500 for install, 12 hours of labor. He acknowledged they don’t do these often and isn’t the fastest installer. I was thinking ~$100 hour x 3-4 hours, is that reasonable for coilovers?

Wow, that is super expensive! I would say the average with alignment is $600-800, and I have seen as low as $400 and as high as $1200. It really depends on the shop, but I only recommend places that our customers have been and can personally vouch for. I am sure there are other shops in your area that work on modified cars. The suspension on the Model 3 is very similar to an Audi A4, so I like to recommend looking for a VW/Audi shop that installs aftermarket parts. This is a great starting point and they are also used to paying attention and doing a good job for that client base!

Wow, that is super expensive! I would say the average with alignment is $600-800, and I have seen as low as $400 and as high as $1200. It really depends on the shop, but I only recommend places that our customers have been and can personally vouch for. I am sure there are other shops in your area that work on modified cars. The suspension on the Model 3 is very similar to an Audi A4, so I like to recommend looking for a VW/Audi shop that installs aftermarket parts. This is a great starting point and they are also used to paying attention and doing a good job for that client base!

thanks, I trust they do quality work, but whenever I pay hourly I don’t want to feel like a training exercise, at my expense LOL. I’ll search around for a few other options.

Reactions: MountainPass
Thanks, I called, very nice man, but quoted me $1,500 for install, 12 hours of labor. He acknowledged they don’t do these often and isn’t the fastest installer. I was thinking ~$100 hour x 3-4 hours, is that reasonable for coilovers?
Wow. It took us 8 doing my coilovers and front control arms... which includes pizza breaks and we’re also just some backyard hacks lol

I've seen the MPP Spec recommendations for these, but I'd lover to hear some recommendations from those of you that have played around with the adjustments. thoughts on adjustments, and changes to drop? Getting mine installed very soon. I'll also have a lip kit

MPP Recos for AWD Adjustable Comfort Coilovers

Comfort Adjustable Coilovers AWD – Initial Setup:

FRONT:

FRONT SPRING PERCH OFFSET: START AT: 74.4mm
FRONT COMPRESSION: 12 (Clicks open from full stiff)
FRONT REBOUND: 12 (Clicks open from full stiff)
FRONT RIDE HEIGHT: 377mm (Hub to Fender)
FRONT BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

REAR:

REAR SPRING PERCH OFFSET: 24mm (this is the gap between the bottom of the spring perch and the top of the body – see photo)
REAR COMPRESSION: 12 (Clicks open from full stiff)
REAR REBOUND: 12 (Clicks open from full stiff)
REAR RIDE HEIGHT: 382mm (Hub to Fender)
REAR BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)