Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MS Refresh All Weather Mats Released

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems on Tesla shop they have released new MS 2021+ all weather mats, but they are not the fancy/laser designed ones from WeatherTech. They seem fine overall, but think we'll still see weather tech ones with Tesla branding in time? Or just WT ones are fine too I guess.

Actually everything in the shop has been updated with a title including 2012-2020 now it seems for clarity - only the mats don't have that prior years denotion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 5.11.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 5.11.49 PM.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: FrenchB4
Just a PSA that Autailors now has their mats for the refresh S. I have these mats for my '21 MY P and they are awesome. Stylish and really
well made.

I did not want nor need black all weather mats so these are perfect....

Reactions: McQ14 and hotsoup
Just a PSA that Autailors now has their mats for the refresh S. I have these mats for my '21 MY P and they are awesome. Stylish and really
well made.

I did not want nor need black all weather mats so these are perfect....

Nice mats too. Those wouldn't do well in snow/ice areas. The WT ones are able to hold a lot of water within their edge lips, etc. Nice for AZ :).

WeatherTech did confirm last week that the 2021+ mats they have on their site fit the new refresh Model S now. Posted some pics that WT actually sent me of their quality process.

Reactions: McQ14
Nice mats too. Those wouldn't do well in snow/ice areas. The WT ones are able to hold a lot of water within their edge lips, etc. Nice for AZ :).

WeatherTech did confirm last week that the 2021+ mats they have on their site fit the new refresh Model S now. Posted some pics that WT actually sent me of their quality process.
Funny thing. I just called them this morning to ask this question and the lady I spoke with didn't really know for sure. She just told me that the engineers would normally post on the product description page if it didn't fit, and since she didn't see that, then they must fit. Sort of a backward way to say they fit, but I guess as long as they fit, I'm happy.

I'm a big fan of the 3D all-weather mats from Maxpider (the Kagu) and had them in my Model 3. But they are very pricey compared to the WeatherTech mats.

Last edited:
Funny thing. I just called them this morning to ask this question and the lady I spoke with didn't really know for sure. She just told me that the engineers would normally post on the product description page if it didn't fit, and since she didn't see that, then they must fit. Sort of a backward way to say they fit, but I guess as long as they fit, I'm happy.

I'm a big fan of the 3D all-weather mats from Maxpider (the Kagu) and had them in my Model 3. But they are very pricey compared to the WeatherTech mats.

Those look really nice. Never heard of them before, but look like they are well made. May have to try them.

Ok - so not available with new Model S yet? Did you go with WeaterTech then or Tesla branded?
I just wrote to 3D about the Kagu all-weather mats to see when they'd be in stock. I'll post their reply when I hear from them.

In the meantime, I did pull the trigger on the Tesla branded mats because they're reasonably priced and I know I can re-sell them if I want to and get some of that money back.

EDITED TO ADD: Spoke with them live and they said their container is on a ship in the port of Los Angeles right now. They HOPE to have their container delivered by the first week of December, but as with everyone else, the delays in off-loading are really hard to get a handle on. They also said to call them right before Thanksgiving for an update.

Last edited:

Did you list the images here? Can’t seem to find them, thanks!

Ordered a set of OEM Tesla all weather mats as I don't even have carpeted mats due to back orders. Unless you use them in an area where it is just raining all the time they are rather useless. Opened the box hoping to see something better than the pictures on line. A rectangular piece if plastic/rubber material with a 3/8" lip all around, pretty much useless in snow bound areas. Went to Walmart and picked up a deep (about 1") universal $25 set for the front until Tuxmat comes out with theirs. Needless to say I will be returning the disappointing $220 flat pieces of plastic Tesla is selling for their flagship car. FYI, they are made by Weathertech as it says so on the box.

These will do until something better comes out. Really waiting for the Tuxmats however with all the delays for everyone as of late, it may be spring before we see those.

IMG_0196.jpg

Reactions: deadwynter