Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MS60 supercharging at max 70kw. Is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've supercharged twice now at Atlantic Station in Atlanta. First time was max 50kw and now on the second try it maxed out at 75kw.

Note: I pulled in with about 50 miles range and the temps were about 55 degrees outside. One other Tesla charging but not on the stall next to me.

Should I be getting more juice? 100+kw?

I talked with another Tesla owner at the station and he was pulling 75kw on his 85D also.

Your feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3955.JPG
    IMG_3955.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 88
I have yet to see more than 60kW. I keep hearing excuses how the battery is not drained enough when I charge, The Battery is not warm enough, Its too cold etc. I drove over 30 minutes and battery was at 22% and I could not get more than 60kW this evening and I sat there and waited over an hour to get close to an 80% charge. This is not what I was expecting at all.

Yes, this is the embarrassing dirty secret the Tesla salesman doesn't tell you - or at least they didn't tell me.

For example, Burbank, CA only gives 35 kW charge rate at maximum. Additionally, if someone is using the charging stall adjacent to you, you will not get the full rate.

NOLA_Mike has posted some nice threads.

Here's another one:
Supercharging pain in rear

I've supercharged twice now at Atlantic Station in Atlanta. First time was max 50kw and now on the second try it maxed out at 75kw.

Note: I pulled in with about 50 miles range and the temps were about 55 degrees outside. One other Tesla charging but not on the stall next to me.

Should I be getting more juice? 100+kw?

I talked with another Tesla owner at the station and he was pulling 75kw on his 85D also.

Your feedback is appreciated!

Is this a 60 or a software limited 75? If an actual 60 kwh, then 75KW may be the max that battery can take. The smaller the capacity, the lower the maximum charge rate.