TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Multi - Pattern Seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Mr So Chill, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Mr So Chill

Mr So Chill Member

I was playing around with the Model S configurator as I often do, and I found that the new "Textile" Multi-Pattern seats seem to be the same design as the leather premium seats. It looks to be the same thickness and fabric pattern.

The reason I choose the multi-pattern seats when I ordered my S a few months back is because the textile seats where thinner in my opinion and gave me slightly more head room (i am 6'3" 260). It is also more comfortable to sit in for extended periods.

For once, this is a change that I am kind of happy I missed out on.

Old Seats

screen shot 2015-06-18 at 4.27.37 pm.jpg

New Seats

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.55.50 PM.png

Premium Seats

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.55.26 PM.png

2. Mr So Chill

Mr So Chill Member

Actually upon further investigation, Those premium multi-pattern seats are available for the "P" series vehicles, but they now have a leather version of the seats I like for the non "P" vehicles. Now I am upset I didn't have this option when I purchase my car. Oh well.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.55.09 PM.png

3. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

From what I've read elsewhere, recently the 60 can get the leather seats that existed before the Next-Gen seats came out. They are not an option for anything above the 60. It saves you $100. I have them in my 2013 P85+ but I prefer the Next-Gen seats (which I had in a loaner once).

4. DIL

DIL Member

Has anyone tried the new new multi pattern textile black seats available on MS "P" or MX?
    upload_2016-10-23_13-2-9.png