Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Multi-Pattern seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is the stitching uniformity and quality? Is it as bad as previous versions of Tesla seats? I would think that with even more bolstering, a shoddy job would look even worse. I have the previous MP seats, and it looks like a drunk person put them together.

Also, does the non-fabric part of the seat (vinyl, I believe), look to be the same, or have they made it look a little more like leather?

Good questions! Quality MUCH better. More durable "leather" that looks like real leather. Not shoddy at all. The only "issue" is that on the side and of the seats, there is some internal metal support material that protrudes out a bit; pushes out against the fake leather. Barely noticeable and doesn't contact your body so doesn't affect the comfort. Really like them!

Good questions! Quality MUCH better. More durable "leather" that looks like real leather. Not shoddy at all. The only "issue" is that on the side and of the seats, there is some internal metal support material that protrudes out a bit; pushes out against the fake leather. Barely noticeable and doesn't contact your body so doesn't affect the comfort. Really like them!
That's good to hear. I'm happy to see that they are making positive changes to the non-leather options. The white seats, which are also not leather, seem to look really great (but are a $3,300 premium).

Last question: did the multi-pattern seat package switch to the non-alcantara headliner? The package now shows "black headliner" while other packages with a black headliner show "black alcantara headliner."

I'm jealous of those new seats. I love the textile seats in my 2013, but always wished they had better bolstering. I'm also a little concerned about whiplash in a collision since the headrest doesn't come up nearly as far as on newer seats, and is so narrow that if you're sitting slightly off-center there's nothing behind you at all.

Sadly, not enough on their own to justify attempting a retrofit or upgrade to a new car.

Reactions: MIT_S60
I had a discussion with our DS because the purchase agreement added yesterday shows the headliner as "Black Headliner". When I pointed out that I have four other documents showing "Black Alcantara Headliner" this was the response I got:

"To clarify, the Black Alcantara headliner is on your Model S. Your configuration is exactly as listed below.

The only change that was made was an internal name change – as Tesla changed the name only from Black Alcantara Headliner to Black Headliner. This was simply a name change in our system."

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm curious: What headliner came with your MP seats in the end?
I have one currently on its LONG way to the UK. I've not seen one with the MP seats in person, but ordered it anyway (saves £3k and keeps my veggie girlfriend happy). They look great in the pics here.
I was under the impression that the (slight) drawback of the MP seats was an inferior headliner...

@tkdkenny The headliner is fabric, not alcantara if you order the MP seats (standard interior) today. I'm not sure when the cut over was though.

You can check out the order code to see what you got. The spec code for Alcantara headliner is UTAB (two last letters stand for Alcantara Black), and what I have seen is that cars ordered with standard interior now have the code UTPB. Not sure what exactly the P stands for, but something to indicate that the headliner is fabric instead of Alcantara.