Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MX Came Without FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a great delivery experience the other day and knew it was too good to be true. I just noticed the FSD I paid for was missing from the car. This is even after they asked, ‘you had FSD, right?’ I’m leaving town Christmas eve, would the quickest way to get this resolved be to take it back to the delivery center, or just try and contact service? I know it’s just an OTA update. Thanks.

Don't go near a service center right now. They are "all hands on deck" clearing out every single vehicle in their fleet. Selling all the new production, loaners, used cars, demo's, executive cars etc.

They are trying to end the year on a high note by setting delivery records and booking every possible $ by EOY.

As you noted, it should be an easy OTA update for you. Would go that way first.

As a second thought, FSD does not engage until the car is driven some miles and the cameras calibrated. Perhaps yours has just not engaged yet.

Call the 1-800 number, and they should be able to help. But if you want it now then you will need to go back to the center. But how do you know you dont have it. Does it show on your online account? Or in the app under upgrades - purchased.

The only big features for a road trip are NOA... I personally find it faster to change lanes by hitting the stalk myself

For anyone else reading this, look at your app. It now shows under updates whether you have FSD or not.

Used to be the answer to this was look at the paperwork to see if the option was there. No idea why ‘go back to the SC’ was ever an option. This isn’t an ICE dealership where they would fix it, you’d call support (if it was really missing) and would add the option code to your car and done.

FSD does not calibrate. AP calibrates. Either you have that working or you don’t.

Does it show up on your app under Updates (Purchased)? If not, is it on your paperwork? You say not but you paid for it. Did you? If not then you haven’t lost anything. If you did pay for it, call support and tell them you paid for it and don’t have it.

The delivery people usually are impossible to reach after the fact and calling support on the phone is the best answer once you have your facts in a row.

Reactions: coch
I have FSD in the purchase contract, it is not in my app under updates. I called support after my delivery center visit and they told me I have to visit a service center. I’ll visit the service center without an appointment tomorrow and raise hell there. It’s a location that doesn’t do deliveries. I’ll update tomorrow.

I have FSD in the purchase contract, it is not in my app under updates. I called support after my delivery center visit and they told me I have to visit a service center. I’ll visit the service center without an appointment tomorrow and raise hell there. It’s a location that doesn’t do deliveries. I’ll update tomorrow.

on the app if you go to “upgrades” and then go to “purchased” it should show full self driving. That said, I was really surprised mine didn’t come with version 10 software. For example no smart summons on my car. They said it should be “pushed” to me in the next few weeks and if I don’t have it by Feb. to call the service center. Not a huge deal but how are they delivering new cars without the latest software?

on the app if you go to “upgrades” and then go to “purchased” it should show full self driving. That said, I was really surprised mine didn’t come with version 10 software. For example no smart summons on my car. They said it should be “pushed” to me in the next few weeks and if I don’t have it by Feb. to call the service center. Not a huge deal but how are they delivering new cars without the latest software?
The software you get in the car is what the MCU was manuafactured with. So, who knows how large the stockpile is. The car will get current software when it’s added to the update list. It shouldn’t tske two months. I’d say a week or two, hopefully.

On the OP, I still have no idea why the service center has to do anything. It’s add an option code to the car’s software list if it’s missing (as it appears to be).

The thing is it’s not in my upgrades list. The app gives me the option to purchase FSD again for $7000.

The thing is it’s not in my upgrades list. The app gives me the option to purchase FSD again for $7000.
We’ve said this several times. Do you have paperwork saying that you paid for it or not? If so, then they need to give it to you. If you didn’t pay for it then you could just buy it through the app. If you financed the car, may not be as convenient, of course.

The bottom line is: did you pay for it and it’s missing or was it not paid for. Two completely different problems. :D

Are you sure about this? I'm confused. The driver already has AP as stated below. It's very clear what FSD refers to, today, not back with EAP existed. It means NoA, auto lane changes, summon, parking, etc. But, you call it "FSD with things EAP used to have". What does that even mean? This trial should give the driver exactly what they would see when they purchase FSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure about this? I'm confused. The driver already has AP as stated below. It's very clear what FSD refers Tutuapp 9apps Showbox to, today, not back with EAP existed. It means NoA, auto lane changes, summon, parking, etc. But, you call it "FSD with things EAP used to have". What does that even mean? This trial should give the driver exactly what they would see when they purchase FSD.
Did they every get you your FSD upgrade?

Are you sure about this? I'm confused. The driver already has AP as stated below. It's very clear what FSD refers to, today, not back with EAP existed. It means NoA, auto lane changes, summon, parking, etc. But, you call it "FSD with things EAP used to have". What does that even mean? This trial should give the driver exactly what they would see when they purchase FSD.

Over time, EAP cars have received NoA, auto lane changes, and summons. Parking, as automatic in parallel parking, was in all Xs. FSD was what EAP had and something beyond that meant true end to end on a trip self-drive including traffic light recognition and rule following, unattended parking and summonsing, etc.

Here are demo videos of what was expected.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue with an X that I took delivery of on Saturday. It was on my contract, I had it for a few days and then woke up yesterday to it being gone. It was removed from my Tesla account profile and nowhere to be found. I called Tesla support last night and they were escalating it. I checked last night and the FSD was re-added to my account but hadn't synched with the car yet. About an hour or so ago I checked my mobile app and the summon feature is back. I haven't been back to the vehicle yet but I assume since summon is not possible that it has been added back. Will update the post when I have had a chance to see it in person.

Hank