Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MX issue found ):

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2227.JPG
IMG_2228.JPG
IMG_2229.JPG
IMG_2230.JPG
I just rolled down my rear windows to air out the car a bit after pulling it into my driveway to find this....

:(

(See pics)

I don't know how to describe it outside of my roof liner has come apart and is no longer attached. I checked the other side and it's fine.

I hope they fix this sooner than my next scheduled SC appointment of Jan 3rd, 2017 whereas I'm having my "annual 20,000km" service done (i hit 20,000km last week) and they still need to the remedy the rattle in my lift gate.

Here's a recent conversation I had with my wife:

Wife: why don't you park your car outside tonight since it's raining it will give your dirty car a good wash
Me: I don't dare to try
Wife: what? What do you mean?
Me: well I am worried water might leak inside
Wife: LOL I know
Me: Lol
Wife: .... wait... are you serious?
Me: I read that on the forum
Wife: ....
Me: ...

View attachment 203370 View attachment 203371 View attachment 203372 View attachment 203373 I just rolled down my rear windows to air out the car a bit after pulling it into my driveway to find this....

:(

(See pics)

I don't know how to describe it outside of my roof liner has come apart and is no longer attached. I checked the other side and it's fine.

I hope they fix this sooner than my next scheduled SC appointment of Jan 3rd, 2017 whereas I'm having my "annual 20,000km" service done (i hit 20,000km last week) and they still need to the remedy the rattle in my lift gate.

Are the back windows rolled all the way down? My X 90D is not. Just check if it is normal and as designed.

Wife: why don't you park your car outside tonight since it's raining it will give your dirty car a good wash
I've parked my car outside on my driveway for the last month or so. It didn't leak.. although after a rain, opening the FWD would have water pour into my car.... it's since been fixed. My Model x doesn't leak.

I rated your comment funny... although now that I think about it, it's not really that funny. :oops:

@SSD420, was Jan 3rd, 2017 the earliest appointment date they could give you? Do you know how many days exactly is the waiting time for new appointments? I collect this data for my topic here. I have never seen any data for Canada so far. If you have old data, that would be useful too. For example, how long was the waiting time for non-critical service in Q1, Q2, or Q3 2016 or in 2015? Thanks

@DMC-Orangeville, thanks. That's 35 days and is slightly longer than the 3-4 weeks reported here in Sep. I was going to add the 35 days to the Q4 2016 section (which will appear after Q4 is over) but it turns out @SSD420 has already beat you with 53 days he mentioned two weeks ago here. I forgot that I already had that data.

To summarize, for Canada, I have now 21 days for Q3 2016 (Mknox's message) and 53 days for Q4 2016 (SSD420's message). If anybody has older data or higher numbers for these quarters, let me know.

@SSD420, was Jan 3rd, 2017 the earliest appointment date they could give you? Do you know how many days exactly is the waiting time for new appointments? I collect this data for my topic here. I have never seen any data for Canada so far. If you have old data, that would be useful too. For example, how long was the waiting time for non-critical service in Q1, Q2, or Q3 2016 or in 2015? Thanks
I picked up my MX Sept 19,2016 and called my San Diego Service Center for some Fit and Finish issues one week later on Sept 26th. I got my earliest appointment for November 10.....7 weeks wait! They have now had the car 15 days, with no indication how long before the car is ready. This is a really cool car, but I have never had service delays anywhere close to this time frame on any car Ive ever owned. Is this what we have to look forward to during our ownership?? Im wondering if I had made an appointment at a different SC would it have made a difference?

I picked up my MX Sept 19,2016 and called my San Diego Service Center for some Fit and Finish issues one week later on Sept 26th. I got my earliest appointment for November 10.....7 weeks wait! They have now had the car 15 days, with no indication how long before the car is ready. This is a really cool car, but I have never had service delays anywhere close to this time frame on any car Ive ever owned. Is this what we have to look forward to during our ownership?? Im wondering if I had made an appointment at a different SC would it have made a difference?

Did you get a model S loaner?

Did you get a model S loaner?
NOPE!.....I really wanted a Tesla, but got a Jeep Cherokee as a loaner, and although Tesla is apparently paying for the gas, I still have this American made ICE vehicle without so much as a GPS! Im having to rely on my I-phone for directions!! What has this world come to? My real hope is that I get my car back with all the issues fixed soon!!

If you send me a PM, I'll give you my email address... I can then pull this Data from email trails of reporting issues.

Jan 3rd, 2017 was given to me last month for another issue that my MX has been in for 3 times already. They think they isolated the problem.

They have since added my 20k km annual service to this date as well as my issue noted in this thread.

Yes, that was the earliest date available roughly a month ago. When it came to critical things they fit me in same day or next day. I suspected I was having a brake issue earlier this week and they got me in for a test drive with a technician as it seemed abnormal to them to need brakes so early on. (Ended up being nothing really - brakes needed to warm up - since I rarely use them becauae of regen)

NOPE!.....I really wanted a Tesla, but got a Jeep Cherokee as a loaner, and although Tesla is apparently paying for the gas, I still have this American made ICE vehicle without so much as a GPS! Im having to rely on my I-phone for directions!! What has this world come to? My real hope is that I get my car back with all the issues fixed soon!!
Tesla only pays for the first tank of gas. They give it to you full, and you don't have to fill it up when you return. They won't reimburse you for gas tanks filled in between.

Here in the Toronto area if they give me a loaner tesla I'm told that I can use the 407 ETR (toll highway) on Tesla's $ BUT if using a rental I have to pay.

Tesla only pays for the first tank of gas. They give it to you full, and you don't have to fill it up when you return. They won't reimburse you for gas tanks filled in between.

Here in the Toronto area if they give me a loaner tesla I'm told that I can use the 407 ETR (toll highway) on Tesla's $ BUT if using a rental I have to pay.

not true in fremont, i was told specifically to keep all my gas receipts and tesla would reimburse me while i had my X5 loaner. i ended up not driving at all during the weekend because i couldn't stand the thought of driving an ICE.

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Sucks. As long as I get a model S they can keep as long as they want. Free Tesla miles on a different type of car are welcomed.

Reactions: Ormond