Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MX needs a respray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my MX last week, and noticed there are some "Bald" spots, where it looks like the paint missed a spot on the D pillar. I took it to the SC, and they said they would get it repainted, but I was surprised. They said they have a mobile guy that can spray and coat it in one day, and come back the next day to polish. I was under the impression that this needs to be done in a paint booth and it takes longer. Anyone have experience with a repaint like this? Should I let the SC take care of it, or would it just be better to take it to a body shop and pay out of pocket for it to be a higher quality job?

Took delivery of my MX last week, and noticed there are some "Bald" spots, where it looks like the paint missed a spot on the D pillar. I took it to the SC, and they said they would get it repainted, but I was surprised. They said they have a mobile guy that can spray and coat it in one day, and come back the next day to polish. I was under the impression that this needs to be done in a paint booth and it takes longer. Anyone have experience with a repaint like this? Should I let the SC take care of it, or would it just be better to take it to a body shop and pay out of pocket for it to be a higher quality job?
There are guys that can do spot fixes really well. My local Lamborghini dealership uses a guy that does phenomenal work, but he'll also turn down jobs when he doesn't think it will turn out perfectly. It won't turn to give the "spot fix" a try, especially since you already know what the worst-case scenario is (body shop).