Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MX - What accessories do I need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 2023 MX LR 6 seater...so far I'm really enjoying it! My current car is a 2016 MS AP1 car, so lots of things here are new to me. Trying to put together a list of things that I need to order and looking for suggestions. Here's what I'm thinking right now, but looking for validation and any specific product recommendations, as well as any additions or deletions.
  • Rubber/all seasons floor mats (I live in UT - it gets wet and sloppy here). Which ones are recommended?
  • Mats/liners for the trunk and frunk (again, what product is best?)
  • Anti-glare screen protector for the main screen and rear screen (glare makes it tough to see)
  • Storage for Sentry Mode/Dashcam (what capacity is recommended and where does it go?)
Thanks in advance for any advice on what's here. Excited to get comfortable and acquainted with the new car!

Just picked up my 2023 MX LR 6 seater...so far I'm really enjoying it! My current car is a 2016 MS AP1 car, so lots of things here are new to me. Trying to put together a list of things that I need to order and looking for suggestions. Here's what I'm thinking right now, but looking for validation and any specific product recommendations, as well as any additions or deletions.
  • Rubber/all seasons floor mats (I live in UT - it gets wet and sloppy here). Which ones are recommended?
  • Anti-glare screen protector for the main screen and rear screen (glare makes it tough to see)
  • Storage for Sentry Mode/Dashcam (what capacity is recommended and where does it go?)
Thanks in advance for any advice on what's here. Excited to get comfortable and acquainted with the new car!
The liners make sense given your weather. I have not had any issues with glare on the screens up front. The USB Slot is in the glove box. My car came with a Tesla (someone said it is Samsung) stick of 32 or 64 GB, and so far, I have not had need of more storage.

Last edited:
The liners make sense give the weather. I have not had any issues with glare on the screens up front. The USB Slot is in the glove box. My car came with a Tesla (someone said it is Samsung) stick of 32 or 64 GB, and so far, I have not had need of more storage.
Good to hear the cheapskates at least include that! Do you have a particular brand of floor mat you feel works best? I got the 6 seater, so ideally one that covers that middle track area as well.

It's been included in the glove compartment: Tesla brand 128Gb USB drive. You can order the very same one from Tesla website for $45.
This is good to know! Thank you.

Congratulations on the new ride! I understand the newness...I came to a 2022 XLR from a 2015 S85D. Hope you have as much fun with all the shiny stuff as I have.

IMHO none of the products I'm listing below are "must haves" because everyone's situation is different. Also I have no relationship to any vendor mentioned.

Mats...I have the Tesmanian frunk liner and it fits well (for reasons, I have also tested the rear lower trunk liner and it also fit well). I haven't seen a need for any rubber interior mats yet because it almost never rains here in NorCal ( <-- only slight exaggeration :confused: ).

I have a screen protector set from Twraps. It's nice, although in general I don't think the screen protectors are really needed.

Not wanting to get the door sills all scuffed up (which happened on my Model S), I got a set of PPF door sill protectors, also from Twraps.

If light and heat from the huge windshield is an issue, you can either do some kind of coating on the inside of the windshield or buy a mesh sunshade. I have a set of sunshades from Tesmanian, although really the top-of-windshield piece is the most useful one.

The dearth of physical buttons in the Palladium cockpit drove me to get a set of S3XY buttons (Enhance Auto, resold by Abstract Ocean). This is something of an experiment.

Dashcam storage...several other people covered this already. There are several threads on TMC if you're interested in more storage or partitioning the USB drive for multiple purposes (music, lightshow).

Enjoy!

Bruce.

Good to hear the cheapskates at least include that! Do you have a particular brand of floor mat you feel works best? I got the 6 seater, so ideally one that covers that middle track area as well.

This is good to know! Thank you.
Sorry. I don't have anything beyond the basic mats in my car. We have a 5 seater since our kids are long gone and have only had more that 2 people in the car a handful of times.

BYW, I just checked, and the stick it came with is 128 GB. We had the smaller ones in the previous X.

Congratulations on the new ride! I understand the newness...I came to a 2022 XLR from a 2015 S85D. Hope you have as much fun with all the shiny stuff as I have.

IMHO none of the products I'm listing below are "must haves" because everyone's situation is different. Also I have no relationship to any vendor mentioned.

Mats...I have the Tesmanian frunk liner and it fits well (for reasons, I have also tested the rear lower trunk liner and it also fit well). I haven't seen a need for any rubber interior mats yet because it almost never rains here in NorCal ( <-- only slight exaggeration :confused: ).

I have a screen protector set from Twraps. It's nice, although in general I don't think the screen protectors are really needed.

Not wanting to get the door sills all scuffed up (which happened on my Model S), I got a set of PPF door sill protectors, also from Twraps.

If light and heat from the huge windshield is an issue, you can either do some kind of coating on the inside of the windshield or buy a mesh sunshade. I have a set of sunshades from Tesmanian, although really the top-of-windshield piece is the most useful one.

The dearth of physical buttons in the Palladium cockpit drove me to get a set of S3XY buttons (Enhance Auto, resold by Abstract Ocean). This is something of an experiment.

Dashcam storage...several other people covered this already. There are several threads on TMC if you're interested in more storage or partitioning the USB drive for multiple purposes (music, lightshow).

Enjoy!

Bruce.
Thanks Bruce. I’m definitely going to have my PPF guy apply PPF on the door sills. I’m mostly interested in the screen protector because the glare is GNARLY. Maybe the glare is just bad because I haven’t taken the plastic off yet. I have never felt like I needed a screen protector on my current S but the screen isn’t glossy like this one is right now. I do think I want a screen protector for that rear screen…I’ve got 4 sons and I can see them kicking it and also see stuff rolling in to it.

Reactions: bmah
Yes, it’s going to my guy tomorrow afternoon for PPF on the front end and a full ceramic coating.

Which rubber floor mats do you prefer?
I use these on ‘21 prerefresh 5 seater:
Amazon.com
I live on a farm and always tracking dirt, sawdust, grass and these are really good for that. If I wasn’t always doing that I might shop around for something less utilitarian looking, but there’s nothing at all wrong with them.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Thanks Bruce. I’m definitely going to have my PPF guy apply PPF on the door sills. I’m mostly interested in the screen protector because the glare is GNARLY. Maybe the glare is just bad because I haven’t taken the plastic off yet. I have never felt like I needed a screen protector on my current S but the screen isn’t glossy like this one is right now. I do think I want a screen protector for that rear screen…I’ve got 4 sons and I can see them kicking it and also see stuff rolling in to it.
You can get the matte tempered glass ones with 10% off with code GASGONE:

Take the plastic off (usually Tesla removes it before delivery), It is definitely not meant to be there. I bought an Abstract Ocean matte screen protector for both screens. But I have only installed the rear screen.

Guard, Mad 💂‍♀️ 20221010_192719.jpg

Congratulations! My delivery is scheduled for 11/9 at 2pm, and I have purchased the following items:

Front OEM Mud flap
OEM All-Weather Interior Mats
HOV Sticker PPF
It's not an accessory, but I'm doing DIY ceramic coating with Naisol ZR53

Congratulations! My delivery is scheduled for 11/9 at 2pm, and I have purchased the following items:

Front OEM Mud flap
OEM All-Weather Interior Mats
HOV Sticker PPF
It's not an accessory, but I'm doing DIY ceramic coating with Naisol ZR53
I just ordered the front mud flaps. My car is in getting PPF, front window tint and ceramic coating right now.

I'm really happy with the mats from Tasmanian. I got the $399 kit that included the frunk, lower trunk, trunk, then the big one for the 4 rear seats and two for each of the front seats.

I still think I want to get a screen protector for that rear screen, but not going to worry about one for the front screen(s).

You can get the matte tempered glass ones with 10% off with code GASGONE:
Just wanted to say thank you...I just ordered a screen protector, a console organizer and a few carbon fiber vinyl stickers for the door handles and the front lip/opening.

Reactions: iyordanov
I'm more into safety and utility things. In the frunk I carry a 4 ton bottle jack, wheel chocks, air pump, tire puncture kit, calibrated socket wrench for wheel lug nuts, microfiber cloths and no-rinse car wash diluted and ready to use for bugs, etc,, microfiber cloths and glass cleaner, cargo net, a Leatherman tool (screwdrivers, knives, pliers, file), moving pads and plastic sheets to protect the cargo area in the trunk, and a digital tire pressure gauge. I bought a Tesla CHAdeMO adapter but have never used it. And I keep the the mobile charger on board along with an emergency kit. I charge with a Tesla wall charger on a 220V/60A circuit.

The car cover and spare tire (3rd party 20" wheel and used front tire) stay home unless I'm taking a long trip.

In the door, a feather duster for the IP and Touchscreen is handy along with a Tesla umbrella (from when they actually gave you stuff with the car) and a pair of compact binoculars.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchMitch