Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MY door trim for NAmer…retrofit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Destiny1701

22’ M3LR ‘DrkNite’/ 22’ MYP BliueRocket
Nov 28, 2015
Canada
I have a recent July 2022 MYP with black interior /wood grain trim on fromt dash only but not the doors. I just noticed yesterday at a Tesla SC that new Y’s are now being delivered with the upgraded door trim w/wood trim insert like the model 3. Much classier look overall.

Has anyone yet tried to see if the interior door trim can be retrofitted into an existing ModelY with the plain trim? Ie. Plug and play? Looks like it’s identical specs in size as the doors themselves haven’t changed but only the one top section which went from plain black to black and /metalwood insert. Hoping the clips are the same behind.

I’d pay $ to order the new interior door trimming as I think the look is awesome!
167C68A2-8D70-434B-A3F0-5BF64DC21484.jpeg
augments the interior finishing!

I came across these the other day because I had the same question as you. I know nothing about this company or the product, but thought I’d share it as a potential option.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverGoingBack
I came across these the other day because I had the same question as you. I know nothing about this company or the product, but thought I’d share it as a potential option.

No you cannot simply add that panel to the existing Y door frame. The 3 yes. The Y up until recently has no wood insiders nor any metal surround. Just a flat piece of black all the way.

Yeah ….. I’d pay money for a door trim upgrade. Definitely. And then top it off with one of the Hills finishes.

Wish I could pre-order the trim upgrade right now.
Tesla SC said not yet but eventually. It’s too new so likely not enough extra parts made as yet. I’d love to see someone get their hands on the new trim and fit it to the 2020/2022 old door style.

Anyone who has a 2020/2021 and now a new 2022 willing to pop both door frames off to have a peak at the clips?? 🙏🏽 I’m hoping it’s pure plug and play as tesla is not into retooling. Visually the metal and wood are by cut into what was the plain black trim piece only. Outside change. Hoping inside is identical clip points.

Reactions: WrldDriftR
Wish I could pre-order the trim upgrade right now.
A forum member said he already ordered the new door cards and wood trim pieces from Tesla, but does not appear to have received them yet. He said he would have a follow up post showing the install process once he receives them.

In a post earlier in the below linked thread, he said the door cards were $275 each and the wood trim pieces were $120 each.

Here is the link to his post with the part numbers. New "wraparound" dash door panels for the US Model Y's - retrofit to existing cars?

Reactions: ElectricAnt54