Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP -- AP Following Distance Can't Use 1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just started driving my new MYP after having spent the last 3 years in a M3P. First thing I noticed today not eh way into work was the car was following at an unusually long distance under Autopilot. (If you drive on the freeways in. L.A., you know that leaving too much room is unsafe as people keep diving into the gap).

I usually drive AP on my M3P with it set to 1, but my MYP won't go below 2. It will go up all the way to 7 as expected, but won't drop below 2.

Has anyone encountered this before? I couldn't see anywhere that this was controlled in settings...

Reactions: tryangles
Just started driving my new MYP after having spent the last 3 years in a M3P. First thing I noticed today not eh way into work was the car was following at an unusually long distance under Autopilot. (If you drive on the freeways in. L.A., you know that leaving too much room is unsafe as people keep diving into the gap).

I usually drive AP on my M3P with it set to 1, but my MYP won't go below 2. It will go up all the way to 7 as expected, but won't drop below 2.

Has anyone encountered this before? I couldn't see anywhere that this was controlled in settings...
Hi I just picked up my Model Y. I also can't find where to set the following distance in AP settings.

Directly from teslas website:

(text from the above link, bold emphasis mine)

Transitioning to Tesla Vision​

We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery.
For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:
  • Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 80 mph and a longer minimum following distance.
In the weeks ahead, we’ll start restoring these features via a series of over-the-air software updates. All other available Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features will be active at delivery, depending on order configuration.

Frequently Asked Questions​

How do I know if my car is equipped with radar? 
Starting with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will be optimized for Tesla Vision and will not be equipped with radar.