Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP owner and first time EV owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening,

First of my name is Krystian (Christian) and I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct section of this forum. But I took delivery of my 2022 Model Y performance last week on Sunday at West Palm Beach in Florida. This is my first ever electric car, I always had combustion cars but I took the leap

My car has the new AMD chip, heated wipers and it did come with Michelin tires. I know to many thats a big deal, but I am just happy that I finally got my car after many delays. And when I arrived at the pickup center, no one asked anything. After a while I stopped a representative and told that person im here to pick up my car, that person pointed to my car and that was it. Said I can get in and drive away.... wasn't asked for my ID or anything. Was not used to this sort of car delivery experience and I expected it after reading a few delivery stories online. And I came expecting a not perfect car, which it wasn't. For one, the car was covered in bird poop on the passenger side, passenger window motor struggles to open or close the window, and no the body panels aren't perfectly lined up.

But I took the car and fixed everything myself (except the window motor, that will be warrantied on Wednesday). I love driving the car, its a hard experience to describe coming from a gasoline car. I am happy over all and I dont know why people complain about the MYP suspension, its not harsh at all. Maybe its the smooth florida roads lol

So I have bought all weather mats from 3D and a Spigen screen protector. But what other accessories does everyone recommend? the must haves

tempImageUowrDZ.jpg

tempImageUowrDZ.jpg

Welcome to the club. I think they're not worried about anyone "stealing" your car because only your phone can unlock it perhaps. the complaints about the suspension do seem a bit overdone here, but i think its because people have different expectations on what the suspension should be. Some people here come from uber luxury ICE vehicles while others come from plain regular ICE vehicles.

Congrats on the new car! I’m about to be a first time electric car owner soon (hopefully as long as delivery isn’t delayed). I’m coming from a long line of BMWs and told myself I’d never get a Tesla lol but here I am checking the Tesla app every few hours hoping to see a VIN

Reactions: DesertEagle
Congrats buddy. I am on the same boat. First time EV owner to be. I ordered a MYP black/black. Hopefully it will come sooner than expected.

I am really curious as to the firmness of the suspension. I think is it a bit exaggerated. I am still driving my other cars which I would call the extremes from an F150 king ranch, to our 2020 Porsche Macan S to my weekend toy a 991 Turbo S.

I really don't expect it to be soft as my truck, probably closer to my Macan as it is supposed to be a performance version.

What car were you driving before?

I have a MY LR currently and my P will hopefully be here in the next month. The suspension is stiff on the Y and that is a common complaint. It isn’t stiffer on the P but the P has a slightly lower ride height and larger wheels with less sidewall. That will lead to it being a little more harsh than a LR with 19s for example. It is firm and will jolt you a little on uneven or poorly maintained roads but the Y is a sportier vehcile and at this price point we probably will not see adjustable dampers. If the suspension really bothers you there are aftermarket options.

I tend to keep my psi around 37/38 to help smoothen out the little bumps, road imperfections. Makes the ride better overall.
Yes I lose around 2-3% range but I find its worth it.

With 21’s you may want to consider this option. It’s free LOL

Congrats buddy. I am on the same boat. First time EV owner to be. I ordered a MYP black/black. Hopefully it will come sooner than expected.

I am really curious as to the firmness of the suspension. I think is it a bit exaggerated. I am still driving my other cars which I would call the extremes from an F150 king ranch, to our 2020 Porsche Macan S to my weekend toy a 991 Turbo S.

I really don't expect it to be soft as my truck, probably closer to my Macan as it is supposed to be a performance version.

What car were you driving before?
I personally think its way over exaggerated. But I am coming from cars that are lowered on coilovers, to me the MYP rides very smoothly. I do think that has to do a lot with where you live. I am in Florida so the roads are nice and smooth

Reactions: Kouzman
I tend to keep my psi around 37/38 to help smoothen out the little bumps, road imperfections. Makes the ride better overall.
Yes I lose around 2-3% range but I find its worth it.

With 21’s you may want to consider this option. It’s free LOL
19” Gemeni on my LR recommends 42psi and even lowering to 40psi makes a noticeable difference. It isn’t that bad…I actually like the sporty type ride.

Reactions: Destiny1701