TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New MyTesla Page

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by superraz375, Jul 12, 2013.

1. superraz375

superraz375 Member

I believe the MyTesla page was recently updated.

Mine is showing a new layout and gives me the following status:

We have begun sourcing parts for your order.

Does anyone else see this?

2. Jonathan Hewitt

Jonathan Hewitt Active Member

Yup, same thing. I also had to put in my Driver License number.

3. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

Same thing here. European reservations also had to reconfirm their options.

4. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

I have the same status as well. I'm not sure why the need for my DL though.

5. HHHH

HHHH Member

Same, asked for my DL, and now says we've begun sourcing parts for your order.

6. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

Indeed. Just put it all in once I noticed. Sourcing parts now (and they better source them quickly! Just sold my car a week before the summer holiday!).

7. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I presume the My Tesla page update was why Tesla's site was down last night. Why Tesla (and Apple) can't update their site without taking it down is beyond me.

"had to"--well, Tesla wants my number (it says they "need" it) . . . but I have my car and I can't think of why I should enter it, so I haven't. Do you have your car yet? Any thoughts on why they want it?

Hmm, it's in the "Registration" section, but my car's already been registered. Heck, Tesla probably does have my license # already, somewhere (didn't they need it to register the car?). Confusing.

8. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Yeah, odd. It used to be you emailed the license info to the delivery person, but they've now integrated it online. I can't imagine they actually need it for people who's cars are already delivered.

9. HHHH

HHHH Member

They're probably just trying to take away some menial tasks from the DS, so that we as customers can enter in as much simple info as possible, that way the DS is free to handle more customers, or be more productive.

10. PhilBa

PhilBa Active Member

Yeah mine says "need license" too but I've had my S for 2 weeks. AND, they have a scan of my DL I sent them a month ago so they're just going to have to lump it.

11. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mine has it and I've had my car since March 2. I emailed Ownership to ask why since they already have it on file.

12. rallykeeper

rallykeeper Member

My Model X reservation jumped above my Model S (which I already have).

Odder still, the upgrade button on the X reservation seemed to change. Curious, I clicked through and noticed that it indicated Sig X deliveries in early 2014. Not sure if that's stale language or new news.

13. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

My MS is in for 7500 mile service and I have a lovely new (500 miles) MSP as a loaner. The only paperwork they required to get me out the door with keys in hand was for the service person to enter my DL into their computer.

Maybe now there will be NO paperwork to get a loner, just toss the keys :) Another example of Tesla innovation changing the auto business and creating Tesla Grins even when you car goes in for service!

14. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

My P85+ just went from "Sourcing Parts" to absolutely nothing at all. I guess it shipped(???).

Man I miss my first DS. He was as enthusiastic about me getting the car as I was to get the car. The one I have now, well, it just seems like an imposition when I call to check on delivery. Sorry for the whining.

15. phat78boy

phat78boy Member

Good point, it would be awesome to not have to fill anything out after the initial time. Give them my Tesla ID and I'm out the door.

16. HHHH

HHHH Member

Yes, I've got no status now either. I don't think it means our car have shipped unfortunately lol, but I think it's a glitchy byproduct of the new webpage.