Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MyTesla Page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I presume the My Tesla page update was why Tesla's site was down last night. Why Tesla (and Apple) can't update their site without taking it down is beyond me.

Yup, same thing. I also had to put in my Driver License number.

"had to"--well, Tesla wants my number (it says they "need" it) . . . but I have my car and I can't think of why I should enter it, so I haven't. Do you have your car yet? Any thoughts on why they want it?

Hmm, it's in the "Registration" section, but my car's already been registered. Heck, Tesla probably does have my license # already, somewhere (didn't they need it to register the car?). Confusing.

I presume the My Tesla page update was why Tesla's site was down last night. Why Tesla (and Apple) can't update their site without taking it down is beyond me.

"had to"--well, Tesla wants my number (it says they "need" it) . . . but I have my car and I can't think of why I should enter it, so I haven't. Do you have your car yet? Any thoughts on why they want it?

Hmm, it's in the "Registration" section, but my car's already been registered. Heck, Tesla probably does have my license # already, somewhere (didn't they need it to register the car?). Confusing.

Yeah, odd. It used to be you emailed the license info to the delivery person, but they've now integrated it online. I can't imagine they actually need it for people who's cars are already delivered.

Yeah, odd. It used to be you emailed the license info to the delivery person, but they've now integrated it online. I can't imagine they actually need it for people who's cars are already delivered.

They're probably just trying to take away some menial tasks from the DS, so that we as customers can enter in as much simple info as possible, that way the DS is free to handle more customers, or be more productive.

Yeah mine says "need license" too but I've had my S for 2 weeks. AND, they have a scan of my DL I sent them a month ago so they're just going to have to lump it.

I have the same status as well. I'm not sure why the need for my DL though.

My MS is in for 7500 mile service and I have a lovely new (500 miles) MSP as a loaner. The only paperwork they required to get me out the door with keys in hand was for the service person to enter my DL into their computer.

Maybe now there will be NO paperwork to get a loner, just toss the keys :) Another example of Tesla innovation changing the auto business and creating Tesla Grins even when you car goes in for service!

My P85+ just went from "Sourcing Parts" to absolutely nothing at all. I guess it shipped(???).

Man I miss my first DS. He was as enthusiastic about me getting the car as I was to get the car. The one I have now, well, it just seems like an imposition when I call to check on delivery. Sorry for the whining.

My MS is in for 7500 mile service and I have a lovely new (500 miles) MSP as a loaner. The only paperwork they required to get me out the door with keys in hand was for the service person to enter my DL into their computer.

Maybe now there will be NO paperwork to get a loner, just toss the keys :) Another example of Tesla innovation changing the auto business and creating Tesla Grins even when you car goes in for service!

Good point, it would be awesome to not have to fill anything out after the initial time. Give them my Tesla ID and I'm out the door.

My P85+ just went from "Sourcing Parts" to absolutely nothing at all. I guess it shipped(???).

Man I miss my first DS. He was as enthusiastic about me getting the car as I was to get the car. The one I have now, well, it just seems like an imposition when I call to check on delivery. Sorry for the whining.

Yes, I've got no status now either. I don't think it means our car have shipped unfortunately lol, but I think it's a glitchy byproduct of the new webpage.