Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t been back to the site yet, but it is live on the car. Will test this evening.

Attachments

• F1AF01B5-CE5C-4790-A9B0-692CA005DAD1.jpeg
    F1AF01B5-CE5C-4790-A9B0-692CA005DAD1.jpeg
    417.8 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: mociaf9
Out of curiosity, could you also post a pic of the speeds you were getting? After all, this is a V3 Supercharger
I intended to, but when I only achieved 35kW it wasn't really worth taking that photo. I tried another stall. Same 35kW. I was at 75% SOC so I wouldn't get super fast speeds, but this is less than CHAdeMO. Maybe they will turn them up to full wick when they are comfortable they are working?

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Ok. So it is open. There are 7of 8 pedestals working. I arrived with 90 miles remaining and have not seen V3 speeds. I started charging initially and it stopped itself. As I write this I have 193 miles and getting 105kW. I’m the only vehicle here. I have bounced around to see if any were faster that the others, but doesn’t seem to be the case. I have only supercharged one other time, so I don’t know if it’s normal or not, but I have heard at least 5 loud pops from the battery area below my feet. The car was preconditioned in route(25 min).
FFA68499-1E63-44C9-9246-441EE9B6F2DA.jpeg
7E2DB1B2-FECC-4DE6-9810-29C37DD240ED.jpeg
460786B1-9D81-431A-A007-E0F3444DF10B.jpeg
0E246085-8993-43E0-9C20-FFBAC18933C0.jpeg

Ok. So it is open. There are 7of 8 pedestals working. I arrived with 90 miles remaining and have not seen V3 speeds. I started charging initially and it stopped itself. As I write this I have 193 miles and getting 105kW. I’m the only vehicle here. I have bounced around to see if any were faster that the others, but doesn’t seem to be the case. I have only supercharged one other time, so I don’t know if it’s normal or not, but I have heard at least 5 loud pops from the battery area below my feet. The car was preconditioned in route(25 min). View attachment 480226View attachment 480228View attachment 480229View attachment 480230
From your picture, red light...
From the manual: "If the charge port light turns red while charging, a fault is detected. Check the touchscreen for a message describing the fault. A fault can occur due to something as common as a power outage. If a power outage occurs, charging resumes automatically when power is restored."
Is that reduced speed because something is wrong with the car or the charger?

Educate me, please. What about their appearance tells you V3? I'd like to be able to spot these in the wild!
I believe it's the vents at the top that most easily distinguish them from the v2 chargers which have vents at the bottom.

Here's some good info where you can see both: Supercharger SuperGuide | TeslaTap

Of course the easiest way to tell is just to look at the supercharger cables which are much thinner on v3 stalls.

I don’t know what caused it. I unplugged and then replaced and it worked fine. Just not as fast as I had suspected.
From your picture, red light...
From the manual: "If the charge port light turns red while charging, a fault is detected. Check the touchscreen for a message describing the fault. A fault can occur due to something as common as a power outage. If a power outage occurs, charging resumes automatically when power is restored."
Is that reduced speed because something is wrong with the car or the charger?

Educate me, please. What about their appearance tells you V3? I'd like to be able to spot these in the wild!

Click on the link below for the easiest way to differentiate the two.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/supercharger-cary-nc.157150/page-3#post-392985

Then, there’s also a way to differentiate by the concrete pedestals bases, (although I don’t know how to differentiate a V3 from a V2 on that front, and lastly, you can also look and the conduits linking from the cabinets. If they are in groups of 4, it is probably a V3 Supercharger.

I have only supercharged one other time, so I don’t know if it’s normal or not, but I have heard at least 5 loud pops from the battery area below my feet. The car was preconditioned in route(25 min).

The noises you hear while supercharging are "normal" for the Model 3. I refer to them as "Bjorn Bonks" after the Youtuber Bjorn Nyland from Norway who documented the bonking sounds as he rapid charged his Model 3 at Ionity stations in Norway and Europe.

I suspect the noises are due to temperature changes to the battery pack casings.