Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So happy this location opened, much better location with shopping/food options and way closer to my work. I couldn't speak to it being V3 as my 2017 MS 90D wouldn't be able to utilize the increased speeds anyways.

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: MarcoRP
So happy this location opened, much better location with shopping/food options and way closer to my work. I couldn't speak to it being V3 as my 2017 MS 90D wouldn't be able to utilize the increased speeds anyways.
Actually, you can get increased speeds on v3 superchargers. Of course '17 90D packs won't get anywhere near 250kW, but you should be able to get over the 150kW cap that v2 superchargers have. Here's an example of an S90D getting 164kW on a v3.

2017 Model S 90D charging faster than 150kW : teslamotors

You also benefit from thinner/more flexible cables and not having to share power with a paired stall.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
Plugshare have finally added the official pin for this supercharger. So much for crowd sourced service

In Plugshare, Tesla Supercharger listings are hidden and only converted to a real site by Plugshare admins once THEY get official word from Tesla that it's live. They have a process in place for this, per agreement with Tesla Inc. If anything, your quarrel is with Tesla.

In Plugshare, Tesla Supercharger listings are hidden and only converted to a real site by Plugshare admins once THEY get official word from Tesla that it's live. They have a process in place for this, per agreement with Tesla Inc. If anything, your quarrel is with Tesla.
I don't mind Plugshare managing the location, what is disturbing is that they deleted the entry people created twice. So information about some stalls being closed while seal coating was occurring was hidden from Plugshare users until Plugshare decided to put the pin back on.

Converting an unofficial pin to an official is fine. Deleting the unofficial site twice isn't OK IMHO. The pictures and comments clearly showed the pin was a reasonable listing and not fictional, offensive or misleading.

I blame Plugshare for entering into an agreement with Tesla that is detrimental to their users. No is a word. If sites we enter get deleted we will be discouraged from creating sites. Plugshare depends on its users for content.

I don't mind Plugshare managing the location, what is disturbing is that they deleted the entry people created twice. So information about some stalls being closed while seal coating was occurring was hidden from Plugshare users until Plugshare decided to put the pin back on.

Converting an unofficial pin to an official is fine. Deleting the unofficial site twice isn't OK IMHO. The pictures and comments clearly showed the pin was a reasonable listing and not fictional, offensive or misleading.

I blame Plugshare for entering into an agreement with Tesla that is detrimental to their users. No is a word. If sites we enter get deleted we will be discouraged from creating sites. Plugshare depends on its users for content.
There were other sites that didn’t show up as official for a few weeks and that was a problem. For this site, that was not the case, so this system seems to be worth a bit of lost information to prevent having duplicate, inaccurate listings. There were also a lot of problems with people posting “superchargers” for every destination charger. A couple of big problems solved IMHO and discouraging creating sites seems to be the intent and solution in this case.

Just supercharged today... Only got ~130 kW at ~25% SoC. Definitely not V3 speeds (even though it's a V3 stall). However, there was a bunch of construction going on at the site (blocking 5 stalls) so maybe the speeds will be higher soon.
You didn't mention what model you were charging. Was it a long range Model 3? My 2015 Model S I won't expect a rate to be more than 70kW at 25% SOC.

I did go early this afternoon and electricians were there working on it. Only 4 chargers were enabled. One of them was outgoing. I was curious and asked them if they knew what they had here. “Heck Ya, I built it!” He said. Oh yeah, they knew what they had done and they worked their butts off to beat other contractors to claim the first V3 Supercharger East of the Rockies and to have it online before Thanksgiving. I told them that I read that some people have had charge rates >200 kW, but they were trying to stabilize. They were also putting up signs. I only got 36kW today 55% SOC in my P85D.

Reactions: nogajim
Just charged this morning. Only 4 units have the “Tesla” lit up on top of the charger, so I think they are the only ones working. One of the other 4 I tested definitely didn’t work. I only count 8 total. I got 105KW with 55% battery when I arrived - that seems closer to V2 speeds.