Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 2 of us here today but still only 60kw (170 mph charge) to start and average 44kw/130 mph...not a good first impression of V3 supercharger. 2018 Model X with pre-conditioned battery. I usuallly get at close 150kw at V2 locations...it looks like a lot of people are complaining about this location.

In the navigation system, this site is now showing totally closed? Is it really totally down?
It has had issues. I charged there a week ago (I do not usually frequent local SC) for a test and maxed out at >110 kW, but others locally have had mixed results with charging as low as 30 kW. It is the first v3 East of the Rockies, it it has had persisting issues maintaining consistent charging.

All that said, it has been indicated completely closed in the past, but still in partial operation. I am in proximity and it is listed in the app as 8/8 available.

When I charged here in December, it appeared on my Tesla account as Ehrenburg, AZ. I wonder if Tesla fixed this by now.

upload_2020-1-30_12-22-41.png

Today I tried 5 different stalls (the 3 other stalls were being used) and I only achieved 90 kWh max on any of them. It was usually 60-80 kWh too. It's still very very slow. They need to fix this place.

Btw, I have a LR model 3 RWD with preconditioning at ~30% state of charge.

Nothing. I don't suspect anything will happen until the other Nashville SC is built off of I-65. Once that is up and charging, attention may be turned to this one. I suspect whoever gets the contract to build the other station and it goes well, may be get the business to correct the Thompson Ln SC.

I have charged at >100kW in my S, but I'm local and don't charge there often.

(By the way, love your handle. I grew up at Kessler and Meridian in Indy.)

Anyone been here recently to give update on how this site is doing? Is showing in nav on my MS as reduced service. I see several recent check-ins on plugshare which seems to show a mixed response, but more positive than negative. I may be headed to Nashville next week and needing to decide how I manage charging.

Which cabinet is still working? The chargers are laid out kinda like a hockey stick, is the cabinet that powers the chargers on the "end" of the stick (that run perpendicular to main road) the one that's still operational?

The cabinets closest to and parallel to the Kroger training center are the ones out of commission.
The stalls closer to the bank are working.

The Tesla logo is lit on the working stalls.

Reactions: Ad_Astra
The cabinets closest to and parallel to the Kroger training center are the ones out of commission.
The stalls closer to the bank are working.

The Tesla logo is lit on the working stalls.

@JPWhite - thanks for the detail. Turns out I will be coming through the area on Sunday afternoon/evening and leaning towards charging here. While I'll be staying near the Brentwood SC location, I've heard that site gets heavily used by the service center and didn't want to plan on being able to find a open stall there.

@JPWhite - thanks for the detail. Turns out I will be coming through the area on Sunday afternoon/evening and leaning towards charging here. While I'll be staying near the Brentwood SC location, I've heard that site gets heavily used by the service center and didn't want to plan on being able to find a open stall there.
Yeah the V3 is much quicker at Thompson Lane, certainly the best choice. The Brentwood SuC does get very busy at times with lines forming.

If all else fails there is a CHAdeMO very close to the Service Center at the Mapco gas station. Just a single stall but typically reliable.

Appreciated! I am still an hour away to Bowling Grn. Trying to juice up as less as possible to ride the charging curve and to save a little. Superchargers in Kentucky is expensive lol
Ah, prices - I know nothing of that. The only charges I might incur are idle fees which I try really hard to avoid. What's the good of free unlimited Supercharging if you get hit for sitting there NOT charging!

Ah, prices - I know nothing of that. The only charges I might incur are idle fees which I try really hard to avoid. What's the good of free unlimited Supercharging if you get hit for sitting there NOT charging!
Nice. really wish I had got free unlimited Supercharging since I road trip a lot :( but I guess that’s the benefit of early adopters. Well, still cheaper than any gas car so no complaint there