Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Nashville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks a lot! I’ll stick to my charger hopping plan then :) love this community! So helpful! Thanks again! I’ll be sure to update on PlugShare when I am there

@StarHunter - I was there Sunday evening, didn't have any problems with the ones towards the bank. Not sure if you had checked plugshare in advance, but I had posted a checkin stating that I was able to get normal charging speeds for my 2016 MS90D. That's only about 130kW peak, so quite a bit short of what those of you with Model 3s or new MS/MX can get, but not too shabby for my 90D with 55k miles now.

@JPWhite - thanks for your info ahead of my visit. I did end up hitting both the Nashville locations, this one and Brentwood Service Center simply to update my total count of locations. I'm nowhere as many as some, but up to 90 now across 18 states.

Workers are repairing the site as of 12:01 PM. I was told the site should be 100% functional by the end of day. Only one cabinet was apparently hit with a voltage spike and the reason for the repair delay was due to shipping.

Lol, guess they meant "100% broken" because now it's not functional at all. Went to the station late Saturday night to discover that it was down completely, had to limp down to the Brentwood SC. Made it there with half a % to spare (FYI, if you need to make it from the Thompson Lane station to the Brentwood one, it's about a 5% drain on your battery if you've got the LR RWD w/ aeros).

Really wish they'd get it together on fixing this SC because it's been down for almost a month now.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: StarHunter
Lol, guess they meant "100% broken" because now it's not functional at all. Went to the station late Saturday night to discover that it was down completely, had to limp down to the Brentwood SC. Made it there with half a % to spare (FYI, if you need to make it from the Thompson Lane station to the Brentwood one, it's about a 5% drain on your battery if you've got the LR RWD w/ aeros).

Really wish they'd get it together on fixing this SC because it's been down for almost a month now.

I have my routine trip coming up again next weekend and saw the latest check-in on Plugshare indicated this is down completely...:( and you just confirmed it unfortunately. I guess I will be taking the Knoxville route then heading down south this time. Slightly longer but actually similar total time due to less traffic and great chargers.

Has anyone who has been there recently give an update if the construction is complete? Plugshare posts state that there are only three chargers available and very long wait times. I will be driving through Nashville this coming weekend and wondering if I should plan on going to the Brentwood Supercharger.

I see the Plugshare post that claims all but 3 stations are fenced off, but that wasn’t my experience when I was there a couple weeks ago. All existing 8 stalls were available (with fencing around the new work.) I don’t think you need to make a detour unless the map in the car says there’s a long wait. The site is often busy. If you’re coming from the direction of Atlanta, definitely stop in Manchester and charge up so you’re not arriving with low battery.

That Plugshare post was written on March 3, 2023 and should be considered no longer relevant other than the day it was written.
Perhaps. But should apply common sense as well. If it says there is major construction going on and the area is fenced off, I would at least take that into consideration when planning. Essentially the same comment was left on Feb 2, which indicates that yes, this is a major and long term project. I would probably try to avoid (perhaps over-conservatively) until I saw some posts either here or on Plugshare indicating that fences were removed.

What is interesting, though, is @MikeATL 's report that the fences were not blocking the stalls during his visit "a couple of weeks ago", which unless his recollection is incorrect, puts it between the Feb 2 and Mar 3 reports. So were the fences blocking the 5 stalls on Feb 2, then removed for Mike's visit, and then put back up by Mar 3? Mike, can you provide a slightly more accurate date as to your visit? If it was really Mar 4, then that answers the mystery.