Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nav screen layout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's new marketing pics for the Model 3 hint at a new nav screen with turn directions now placed on the left of the screen rather than the right.

IMG_2228.PNG

Time & Temp have moved to the left as well - that would be helpful
Although not keen on the Homelink button being all the way over on the far right though.
Same for the map orientation button.
Buttons the driver uses shouldn't be all the way over on the right hand side

I personally think that making the top row look like a phone is a stupid ui choice and one of the weakest ui features of the Model 3.
Especially as many of them are active buttons, making them that small is ridiculous.

Reactions: 0ptions and ChrisH
Maybe this will come with 2018.26? It just started pushing out to a bunch of Model X’s over the last hour according to TeslaFi.

I agree that the homelink button should stay on the left side. I like having the directions, time and temp on the left side though.

And is that a brushed aluminum dash?
Doubt it. Imagine the glare you would get off such a surface. It’s likely the white interior which has white in place of the wood trim (only available currently in the Performance version) which I think could also be overly reflective. But maybe it is close enough to the driver so it’s not a problem.

'bout time they moved the clock & (incorrect) temp to the left side and Homelink to the right. Next up: a chance to increase font size for us folks with bad eyesight.

@Twiglett: Homelink can be set to auto, so you never have to tap it.
So the auto on my Model 3 doesn't work - it detects it as I drive up (I have it set to 40 ft) but I have to drive right upto the door when it shows the trigger thing, and even then it doesn't. I have to end up doing it manually. User error? What am I missing? :)

But it looks like the left side of the screen has gotten bigger. I wish it would get smaller - it really doesn't need to be that wide.

Agree. Wish they would at least give an option to shrink the instrument cluster part of the display. Only need a quarter of the current size to display the speed, gear, and critical icons. Maybe half the current size if in autopilot mode.