Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nav screen layout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad to see Homelink and the orientation button move to the right.

They're the only two buttons I frequently interact with while driving. As someone else just mentioned, I also tend to pinch and zoom around the map frequently to get an idea of traffic where I'm headed and then reposition using that button. I rarely ever need to scroll/cancel my directions while driving and wish that had stayed on the right. Automatic Homelink triggers fail half the time for me so I have to manually tap it.

Reactions: PoitNarf
It's not an major issue. It's a recommendation only. Most people has only one garage. There's no need to do 2 clicks. It's a little annoying after awhile.
Right, in an ideal world everything would be on the left side but I think given the choice something only used while stopped or almost stopped makes sense on the right.

I also noticed that the browser is still missing. I wonder if it will ever be included considering that Tesla didn't mention it when talking about standard vs premium connectivity.
Personally I hope it remains missing. I really don’t want the security problems that a browser would bring with it - an entirely new attack surface that is open to non-curated content.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte
Time & Temp have moved to the left as well - that would be helpful
Although not keen on the Homelink button being all the way over on the far right though.
Same for the map orientation button.
Buttons the driver uses shouldn't be all the way over on the right hand side

I personally think that making the top row look like a phone is a stupid ui choice and one of the weakest ui features of the Model 3.
Especially as many of them are active buttons, making them that small is ridiculous.

Agreed, and why not move time/temp to the white section on the left over the speedo (so much easier to see there) and then move homelink/wifi/network et.al to the left side of the navi screen. Nothing on the right please!

Are we sure that this isn't a mockup or even and old version? What page is this on? I don't see it on the model 3 page of the tesla site.

It could just be a mockup, no way to know for sure at the moment. It would seem strange that they would bother changing the interface in pictures on their website that don't have the same layout as a past, current or future version of the UI though.

On the Model 3 page on Tesla's site, Model 3 | Tesla, scroll down till you get to the "Interior" section, then click on "Learn More" next to the "Order Now" button, then scroll down again till you see the section that goes over Media/Navigation/Controls/Climate and you'll see the pictures we're referring to.

Personally I hope it remains missing. I really don’t want the security problems that a browser would bring with it - an entirely new attack surface that is open to non-curated content.
That's like saying Apple should not have introduced an App Store because of the attack surface it may (and did) bring. Personally, I believe that the browser will end up becoming Tesla's App Store equivalent one day.

You could say Tesla is simply being cautious and not leaving that responsibility on users. But then again, that's not their style. See: AutoPilot.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8
I wish this were true. Mine reverts to “north up” frequently and I need to change it back to “direction up”.
I would 't mind the move to the right if they fix what I consider a bug where it always returns to North view after navigation. If it returned to the setting it was before navigation I probably wouldn't change it except to occationally see trip view on long trips.

Reactions: P=VI
That's like saying Apple should not have introduced an App Store because of the attack surface it may (and did) bring. Personally, I believe that the browser will end up becoming Tesla's App Store equivalent one day.

You could say Tesla is simply being cautious and not leaving that responsibility on users. But then again, that's not their style. See: AutoPilot.
Except when someone hacks into your phone it doesn’t drive you into oncoming traffic. Car manufacturers, more than any smartphone maker, need to curate any apps that run in the car. And Apple does curate its AppStore...