Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Coming This Weekend! (circa March 31, 2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect, just because the wide-angle camera operates the wipers does not mean that is all it can do... Its neural net can be augments to recognize whatever else is needed beyond just rain/debris. In fact folks have seen that they were groundwork to do just that already beginning to be incorporated into the NN.

I am pretty sure it was a joke!! ;)

Looks like mine came with the new NAV system already installed. My delivery was march 22.
Curious if it is easy to tell the difference. On the 17" screen at the bottom mine says Google (map data 2018). My car was built Sept 2017 so on the old system. Does your car say Tesla Maps on the 17" screen? Anything else in the settings that clearly say it. Maybe where it shows the firmware. What firmware are you on?

• Helpful
Reactions: Maniac
Click on the Tesla symbol at the top of your 17" screen and let us know what firmware version your car has installed.
v8.1 2018.10.2 74fad9a

Curious if it is easy to tell the difference. On the 17" screen at the bottom mine says Google (map data 2018). My car was built Sept 2017 so on the old system. Does your car say Tesla Maps on the 17" screen? Anything else in the settings that clearly say it. Maybe where it shows the firmware. What firmware are you on?
Says google 2018. I know the maps on the driver dash gauge is the same as what's in the model 3, where you get the little street name "bubbles" etc. Maybe the "main" map screen though is still the old nav system?

My car has an update it's going to install in about 2 hours from now. It just prompted me.

Please come back to tell us what version you get installed.

B07F282C-4100-4450-A90F-EAD28EC8A59E.jpeg
BBB66ADD-8D79-4FAA-996D-488AFDE5D61D.jpeg

Promised photos

View attachment 289785 View attachment 289786 View attachment 289787

I got my car back from service 2014 S85 AP1 and there was software update. Installed it 2018.10.4 but the nav on the dash is the old one :(
Can you please do this experiment:

Ask both your Teslas to route you somewhere far. Compare the routing to one another and then compare to Waze and google maps on your phone. Really eager to see if routing has been improved. The “positive control” is Waze. The “negative control” is the S85, and the experimental is your new Tesla. We would be GRATEFUL to know the result!!!! Thanks in advance!!

Can you please do this experiment:

Ask both your Teslas to route you somewhere far. Compare the routing to one another and then compare to Waze and google maps on your phone. Really eager to see if routing has been improved. The “positive control” is Waze. The “negative control” is the S85, and the experimental is your new Tesla. We would be GRATEFUL to know the result!!!! Thanks in advance!!
You may be got me wrong - i have only S85. 100D was just a loaner which I returned in exchange of my repaired S85

I guess I was not clear that this was a loaner and apologize /english is not my first language and sometimes it is hard even to me to understand what I want to say ;) /

Can you clarify? I find it excellent as is. What am I missing out on?

For those that live in busy metro areas like the SF Bay Area or LA, the Tesla maps are an absolute joke in terms of the proposed routes. They will take at least 30-50% longer than the optimal route, which Google and Waze tend to reliably compute.

That, updated maps and waypoints would also be a big plus for me.

Reactions: chillaban