Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Map (NA-2021.44-13555)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a notification similar to new firmware update one. Connected my car to the phone hotspot. It has been an hour since downloading started. I am also on FSD beta 10.8.1.

View attachment 760692
The process got stuck, I restarted the touchscreen by pushing both steering wheel buttons and... the progress bar disappeared. Furhter restarts and powering down the car did not help either.
The next day I contacted a Tesla agent via the Online Support chat, and they pushed the Map update again.
This time it was downloaded fully and installed properly.
I noticed changes in the satellite view map. My neighbourhood did not exist in the previous version.
In the new one it looks good. The streets have not been added, though.
When I choose to navigate to my house the system leads me to a point on the side of the entire block like before.

Reactions: CaptUAL
The process got stuck, I restarted the touchscreen by pushing both steering wheel buttons and... the progress bar disappeared. Furhter restarts and powering down the car did not help either.
The next day I contacted a Tesla agent via the Online Support chat, and they pushed the Map update again.
This time it was downloaded fully and installed properly.
I noticed changes in the satellite view map. My neighbourhood did not exist in the previous version.
In the new one it looks good. The streets have not been added, though.
When I choose to navigate to my house the system leads me to a point on the side of the entire block like before.
Very same for me. Download bar disappeared, but green download arrow remained at top of software page. On good WiFi, tried power down and resets, but no help. Contacted CS and it showed up within one minute. Downloaded ok then. (2021 MSP). The notification of available update was amber download arrow at top of software page on car, no notification in App on iPhone was given.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildguess
So is contacting support the way to get this? Car has been within WiFi range for days but is still on 2020 maps.
My 2021 MSP showed the Amber Download arrow, and said Navigation Update Available under SOFTWARE, first at the top of the Cars screen, which was sent via LTE, since my car was never on WiFi. After connecting to WiFi the download arrow changed to green, and selecting that started the download. My download Progress bar in SOFTWARE went away and stopped downloading. Only then did I contact SC, and they said my car showed it was downloading (which it was not). They pushed it again to my car, and within two minutes the download progress bar reappeared and completed the navigation update. The green download arrow then disappeared, as it should. The phone APP never showed update available.

Reactions: wildguess
Just finished installing a half hour or so ago.

Model Y, wifi, somewhere around 6GB. No notifications from app.

I noticed the car displayed a solid green charging light despite finishing a charge a couple hours earlier. So now:

Software: 2021.44.30.5 Beta 8.1
Map: NA-2021.44-1355

Just finished installing a half hour or so ago.

Model Y, wifi, somewhere around 6GB. No notifications from app.

I noticed the car displayed a solid green charging light despite finishing a charge a couple hours earlier. So now:

Software: 2021.44.30.5 Beta 8.1
Map: NA-2021.44-1355

Did you have to do a soft reboot on your car at any time?

I haven't driven it since it installed and have not done a soft reboot at any time.

I noticed the screen had turned on and displayed the charge status and only then checked to see if my software had changed (I was seeing transfer from my router). So I never saw a status bar as it was downloading and the download/install was not interrupted.

My wife and I both have 2021 Model 3 LR's. We're both on firmware 2021.44.30.11. This morning I noticed her car downloaded the new map update yesterday between 3 and 5 pm for a total 6.18 GB. The size is from my router logs and the new version visually verified in the car. Mine has not yet received the map update. We're both connected to WiFi at home for most of every day. I knew it would get to us eventually.

I've been going out and manually checking for new firmware updates on the software page each morning because I was wanting to see the new UI changes/fixes in the upcoming 2022.4.5 release to fix some of the the V.11 update complaints. The map download had not started or warned of doing anything until it started the 3 - 5pm download and install. She didn't notice anything when she drove it this morning. No messages, no popups, nothing, just poof, it's there.

Once it get above freezing, I may try to see if I can spot and map differences in the newer housing areas.

Reactions: IronCoffee_Max
Map updates always run independent of firmware updates.
I have a similar but slightly different problem. Since about 8 weeks ago, after several downloads, my navigation position red arrow is off - it shows my car to be a good city ablock ahead of where the car actually is. I have a 2018 S and for the past 3 1/2 years the tip of the arrow indicated the position of my car. Now I have to guess, as it is I am about the middle of the red arrow. Makes it tough to try to make a turn to a desired street when I don’t know my exact position.
Map updates always run independent of firmware updates.

I’m still on 2020 for the Map software even though on 2022.4.5 vehicle software now- understand the two are independent but no one I’ve spoken to is so far past 2020 on the map. I wonder how many non- FSD cars have received this. Presumably all new deliveries have the latest map version installed.

Last edited:
I’m still on 2020 for the Map software even though on 2022.4.5 vehicle software now- understand the two are independent but no one I’ve spoken to is so far past 2020 on the map. I wonder how many non- FSD cars have received this. Presumably all new deliveries have the latest map version installed.
I was at a Tesla service center yesterday and noticed one 2022 MY and a M3 had the old map and even an outdated firmware. So who knows what they are doing at those factories.

Have you tried changing your software update setting (Controls > Software > "Software Update Preference", I think) to Advanced?