Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Map (NA-2021.44-13555)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received the latest updated US navigation map NA-2021.44-13555?

I understand that these updates are independent of the firmware/software updates. I am sure it can be quite useful to address some issues with FSD Beta navigation woes.

You don’t get notifications in the app about new map updates (due to a bug, you don’t get notifications about new software updates either). From what I recall, if your car can connect to WiFi, the map update happens automatically. If you’re not on WiFi and a map update is available, you’ll see an icon in the car telling you to connect to WiFi so it can download the new maps.

you don’t get notifications about new software updates either).

Thaniks , but we do get a "new line item" in the app for new "firmware" updates on both of our 2021 Model 3's. Technically not a "notification" as we know them. But it does not auto install if I do nothing. I can tell it to install or schedule it or do nothing. It's been this way in both of our vehicles since they were new.

I was guessing the map update would be the same.

I do get software update notifications in my app as well. On the other hand, the map rollout should show a pending update indicator in the car monitor itself and not in the app. I would gather it will be multi-gig package and therefore, would require Wifi connectivity. There have been lots of road work done on major streets in my city in the past couple years (mainly bike and city bus lane additions), so I am looking forward to it.

After installing 44.30.7 I noticed I had a different look to the maps near my house. They changed from what I would guess was early April to early August. The version number, however, was still the same- 2020.48-12628. Summertime definitely looks better. I think they do things like this just to keep you off balance.

After installing 44.30.7 I noticed I had a different look to the maps near my house. They changed from what I would guess was early April to early August. The version number, however, was still the same- 2020.48-12628. Summertime definitely looks better. I think they do things like this just to keep you off balance.
Are you talking about the satellite maps? Those come directly from Google over the Internet. The maps stored locally on the car are only used for navigation with the route displayed on top of the Google maps.

Can you share what the map update process was like (e.g. notification status and time to download and install)?
I got a notification similar to new firmware update one. Connected my car to the phone hotspot. It has been an hour since downloading started. I am also on FSD beta 10.8.1.

20220126_184324.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and Mark57