Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Maps for Europe Rolling Out 2021.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked mine today, June 2nd.
The car tells me that v10.2 (2021.4.18 b9447274f1b4) is installed and the software is up to date.
Not sure if I'll notice anything...or should I?

The map version is the bit arrowed. EU-2021.8-12875 is the latest UK version, but seems to be very limited in scope.

1622651291760.png

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Somebody had hidden the wireless access point at the front of the house behind the tv so the M3 wasn’t picking up a WiFi signal, I moved it a couple of days ago and sorted the signal out.

When I got in the car today, it automatically routed me to work and I noticed that all the new warehouses behind the office are now on the map so I’ve got the new maps. It’s good timing as I’m planning a road trip to Scotland in a few weeks.

Somebody had hidden the wireless access point at the front of the house behind the tv so the M3 wasn’t picking up a WiFi signal, I moved it a couple of days ago and sorted the signal out.

When I got in the car today, it automatically routed me to work and I noticed that all the new warehouses behind the office are now on the map so I’ve got the new maps. It’s good timing as I’m planning a road trip to Scotland in a few weeks.
The satellite images (map tiles) on the screen are not the same as the navigation routing maps.

Reactions: rlasry1
Just got my car back from a 4 day visit to the Park Royal SC and the new maps have appeared - not sure if it was triggered by the "firmware check and install latest version" item on the invoice (0 cost) or not but firmware still on 4.18, not .2 or .3 so maybe not ... Wonder if that means they have a "magic" WiFi there that all cars automatically know about?

Wonder if that means they have a "magic" WiFi there that all cars automatically know about?
Yes there is although it’s not magic. Back in the day some owners would drive to the SC just to get inside the WiFi zone, hoping to force an update. That was back when updates brought meaningful changes but it didn’t seem to make the car jump the update queue.

Came up to the junction at the end of my road on AP. The junction is immediately behind a L/H bend and blind to me. AP used to pick it up and stop there.
Not on the new map! Yet another junction down the road is obscured by the brow of a hill. It still stops for that one!

Looks like I am receiving or have received the 2021 Nav update??

What is interesting is that yesterday my iPhone stopped acting as a key to the car, so I had to authorise it again, and today, the Wi-Fi connection failed, and I had to re-boot the car by pressing the 2 scroll buttons to allow Wi-Fi to work again.IMG_3045.JPG