Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Maps for Europe Rolling Out 2021.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm intrigued to know what's in a 7GB map update as I thought the images and routing were all downloaded using the sim, and the underlying software would have been part of the main software updates. At least that's what it appears to do as sometimes the map tiles are slow to render.

Maybe because it says "EU" in it we don't qualify here in the UK?

That would certainly be interesting fallout from the B word... great vaccine rollout, but British people's cars think they're driving in fields, etc.

I find it kind of shocking, the way my "smart" car doesn't know the current speed limits (which are indeed different for certain roads, relative to what they were in the past). It's hard to see that it would take years to get this aspect of navigation updated.

Reactions: Neilio
I have temporarily switched back to advanced software downloads - we have a few speed limits around here that are a PITA as the car uses map data and that is several years out of date, likewise badly positioned stop line positions - I've turn off stop line control as a result. So it would be nice to get early dibs but after last years navigation update shambles, I'll revert back to standard if nothing appears by the weekend. Now that I am driving the car a bit more frequently it would be nice to get back at the sharp end for a few of the upcoming updates.

🥳🥳🥳 Finally !!!! 😍😃👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

973FCB91-616E-4D8E-B29B-2E8E727337AF.jpeg

I have temporarily switched back to advanced software downloads - we have a few speed limits around here that are a PITA as the car uses map data and that is several years out of date, likewise badly positioned stop line positions - I've turn off stop line control as a result. So it would be nice to get early dibs but after last years navigation update shambles, I'll revert back to standard if nothing appears by the weekend. Now that I am driving the car a bit more frequently it would be nice to get back at the sharp end for a few of the upcoming updates.
Not sure this actually does anything. I have it on advanced and still on 4.12.2 and old maps and I don’t have FSD

Reactions: pow216 and Adopado