Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Navigation Maps for Europe Rolling Out 2021.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did my first long drive (Aberdeenshire to Preston) yesterday nearly a week after getting the nav update and it shows the whole length of the A701 from Penicuik to the M74 as 40mph when it is in fact derestricted (so 60mph). Just fed up with the speed limit bongs going off every so often.
Also to repeat what has been said above there are no notifications in the app or in the car that a nav update has arrived. It only shows in the software details section of the menu in the car as far as I am aware.

Something very peculiar & maybe coincidental -

For two days on the 2019 map, immediately prior to the new update my car decided that the 1 mile stretch of road into town had become 20mph (+3mph offset bonging at 24mph & above) whereas it's always been 30, even during the nanosecond that we had a 2020 map last year

Now, map having updated to 2021 last night the road is correctly identified as 30mph again.

Prior to this I had been impressed with speed sign recognition since 2021 .12 & .15 software updates so hopefully it was just a random glitch.

have now realised why our 4G internet was so terrible this week - the car has updated itself to 2021 maps version without even a hint of a download happening.

Now if only they could deliver a software interface that doesn't prioritise a stupid car graphic over navigation real estate ....

have now realised why our 4G internet was so terrible this week - the car has updated itself to 2021 maps version without even a hint of a download happening.

Now if only they could deliver a software interface that doesn't prioritise a stupid car graphic over navigation real estate ....
There was conjecture that the shuffling of the screen was preparation for the forthcoming big updates but that might have just been someone pondering out loud. Hope so because I agree that it’s taking up an awful lot of space to show me bigger wheelie bins. But to be fair, when I take the S, I wish wheelie bins were bigger and the map is still massive. Ha!

There was conjecture that the shuffling of the screen was preparation for the forthcoming big updates but that might have just been someone pondering out loud.

Probably not a post for the Nav updates thread, but apparently Tesla's head of UI left and a few sneak peaks subsequently leaked out

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
20210516_111427.jpg
this morning find the new update, but not the new map. Hard reset don't change nothing.

Anyone noticing significant routing differences since the new update? I had a few odd ones since, but then yesterday I had a wtf* one and mentioned it to my wife. Completely independently she said that she had had a few weird ones recently.

* Yesterday it wanted to take me by the slightly shorter, but much slower B382 (arrowed). The reality, I kept with the faster, quicker, slightly longer A3 and encountered no traffic. Took me about 17 minutes according to TeslaFi so no way that the suggested route was going to be any quicker on much less preferable roads.

1622102194156.png

Last edited:
Only moved from 4.15.12 to 4.18 yesterday but still no map update. By all accounts, even the update is out of date or wrong in some areas.
would be pleased to find that voice directions match the visible ones!

There has never been any connection between system software up dates and navigation map updates in my experience. The date you got 4.18 is therefore not an issue. I received 4.18 a week ago and am still on 2019 maps.