Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New navigation on dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is in for service and I got brand new S100D as loaner. It has the updated center screen and fw 2018.10.2 and the navigation on the dash looks very different from what is in my car with 2018.6.1

IMG_9930.JPG

Is this new look from the newer version of the firmware or it is from the newer screen?

My car is in for service and I got brand new S100D as loaner. It has the updated center screen and fw 2018.10.2 and the navigation on the dash looks very different from what is in my car with 2018.6.1

View attachment 288919

Is this new look from the newer version of the firmware or it is from the newer screen?
Please tell me the voice has been improved to not sound like an iPhone 4s Siri...

I just took delivery of a S100D a week ago and my fw Ver is 2018.12 5eadc71

So having nothing else to compare my nav app ver to, I am just wondering if I am running the latest Nav update? There was no nav Software update over this past weekend but my screen seems to look a lot like the YouTube videos out there showing the “New Look”.

I did get a Bluetooth update last week (didnt work) Bluetooth still is buggy and requires restarting my iPhone or sometimes deleting the phone profile in the car.

Sort of amazed at all the posts though from owners also having Bluetooth issues in a car that is suppose to be so digitally advanced. In 5 years of ownership, I never had one Bluetooth hands free issues in my S7. Hopefully they will get a software patch out that works very soon. Anyone recognize the fw version above? I see references to 2018.6 and so has me wondering what I might be missing?

Great video. With regards to AP engagement at stop, I have a november 2017 build and I noticed that since 2018.10.4, I can engage AP at a full stop now. So perhaps it is something to do with AP 2.5 ??

BTW..that black blacks on the IC display looks dope. It kinda always bugged me a teeny tiny bit that the grey on that display looked a bit off and making it full black would make it look so sleek. I guess they finally got there eh? I hope Elon's tweet about possibility of a hardware upgrade is true. Would be a nice thing to get in my car.

Great video. With regards to AP engagement at stop, I have a november 2017 build and I noticed that since 2018.10.4, I can engage AP at a full stop now. So perhaps it is something to do with AP 2.5
I was able to engage AP at a full stop since I own the car. You need to have vehicle infront of you and to have HOLD activated bu pressing the brake deeper and your foot of the bracke pedal. When the above conditions are meet you will get the AP and TACC displayed on the dash and can activate them as normal.

Keep in mind that you can not activate AP or TACC at full stop if there is no stopped vehicle infront of you /first car on intersection/ and/or you are pressing the bracke pedal

NEW NAVE DOWNLOAD - MISSED THIS PAST WEEKEND

Just spoke to Tesla Tech and was told the NAV updates have not gone out. There are some beta versions out there like my 2018.12 sent out and included in most of the March cars just built, but nothing full version yet. Said maybe start batching in a week or two and then continue to the fleet the next few months.

NEW NAV DOWNLOAD - MISSED THIS PAST WEEKEND

Just spoke to Tesla Tech and was told the NAV updates have not gone out. There are some beta versions out there like my 2018.12 sent out and included in most of the March cars just built, but nothing full version yet. Said maybe start batching in a week or two and then continue to the fleet the next few months.

So anyone know anything to the contrary by chance?