Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The permitting process is holding up the superchargers not Tesla's plans. Darien was added in response to Broder's article. I think Greenwich was added in response to our incessant complaints to Telsa that "no on takes
i-95, it is too crowded..."

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. What is Tesla's obsession with cross-country travel? The Denver-Wheeling link is vastly less populated and traveled by Model S owners than the Hartford-Portland ME link. Where is Chardon/Sturbridge? Where is Portsmouth/Kittery? Where is Cape Cod? All these would get far more use than lonely towns in Kansas.

<frustrated>

Thanks for the perspective on the NYC area. I suppose there is lots of motivation to get the "Island of Texas" connected up. But I'm <frustrated> too, and will hope for good weather when I head for Portland for the Fourth from (out of the way) E. Greenwich with a full car. I have been seeing near-ideal consumption in recent trips, so 175 miles is not likely to be a problem, and worst case is to pick up some charge in the Portsmouth / Southern Maine area. It's a long trip from Annapolis, though...

It's good to see Sagamore MA is coming around, which suggests there is no MA State level problem. But I wonder WTH is going on in central Mass, or Portsmouth/Kittery, which have been on the map since long before Sagamore was added, I believe. Are the towns up there resisting this, or what? Any insights would be much appreciated.

In Bangor there is the big mall owned by Simon right off the highway and just opposite a huge expanse of car dealership with more down the road past the Sam’s Club. There is also the Parkade strip mall one exit south with restaurants and fast food in the area which is managed by RPAI who used to own (and may still manage?) the area with Kohl’s and LLBean which has a new BWD across the street (on the far side of the Simon mall from the dealerships). There’s a third shopping area near the airport but that area is much less interesting. Since we know Simon and Tesla have been working together elsewhere already (although I don’t know if the Bangor Mall is in their collective sights) I sent a random email to the local RPAI office about the Parkade and the response (on a Saturday from the Vice President, Leasing Director – North Region) was they are in talks with Tesla about other locations (they are national, so who knows which) and will bring this one up to them—so not very far along at all.

In Augusta there is a more upscale shopping area which is also just off the highway managed by WS Development. I’ve reached out to them with the same question. They have a concentration of properties up the coast from CT to Calais ME (pronounced kalis). They also have a property in Ellsworth and there is an LL Bean outlet in that town also, but I personally think a supercharger downtown and not out on the strip would be better (at least in the daytime).

Tesla now has individual webpages for "Coming Soon" superchargers. Using this, the locations of two coming soon New England superchargers are apparently narrowed down to Portsmouth, NH and Auburn, MA. The maps at those pages may or may not be centered on the actual locations.

"Charging Stalls – 1" ?!? I hope that's a placeholder value, and not the real plan.

How did you find these 2 pages? I was going to look to see if all the "coming soon" superchargers listed one stall, but I don't see how to find them.

"Charging Stalls – 1" ?!? I hope that's a placeholder value, and not the real plan.

How did you find these 2 pages? I was going to look to see if all the "coming soon" superchargers listed one stall, but I don't see how to find them.

Yes, these are placeholder pages. I don't know of any link to them. You can find them by entering the URL directly. They seem to be confined to the dots shown on the current "Coming Soon" map - they don't have several superchargers which are under construction but not on that map.

I just had my MS serviced by the Watertown, MA Service Center. On of the employees told me that there is a new super charger location on the Cape, Dennis MA. He said that they may have already broken ground on the site.
I find this hard to believe, in that the Sagamore supercharger makes a lot more sense, and was up before the town for approval. Does anyone know what happened? They aren't going to put two in the Cape. Dennis doesn't make sense for location either. I am guessing the employee got the location wrong.

Here is the website for it: Sagamore Supercharger | Tesla Motors

I just had my MS serviced by the Watertown, MA Service Center. On of the employees told me that there is a new super charger location on the Cape, Dennis MA. He said that they may have already broken ground on the site.

I was at Bourne's (Sagamore) Planning Board meeting and saw the Supercharger plans from Tesla; 8 stalls are planned....

Furthermore, Auburn MA proposed Supercharger located at the Auburn Mall near Macy's is in the works, a design sketch has been presented to the planning department. A site review by the Planning Board is still required. Unfortunately, no public meeting on the proposed project is scheduled yet. I'm unsure if the project needs to go to the Conservation Board. Auburn has a strict wetlands bylaw (200ft from a waterway.)

When a Town such as Auburn is labeled as a Green Community; it means a tougher planning process unfortunately.
http://www.auburnguide.com/pages/index
http://www.auburnguide.com/Pages/Au...burn Wetland Regulations Part 1-21.-2docx.pdf
Google Maps

If you look at the map, you will see the waterways...Old structures are grandfathered, new ones are not exempt from the bylaw.

Other Towns:
Some uneducated planners from other towns want to treat a public charging stations as a refueling station in terms of zoning.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical that Tesla would be developing both Sagamore and Dennis right now. I could readily believe that the Supercharger team had been working on both locations, with Dennis as a backup in case Sagamore failed, but two stations 25 miles apart? Perhaps some day, but that seems a little like overkill when there are still no SCs anywhere north of I-90.