Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email from TESLA, that the Auburn, Mass supercharger station is
up an fully operational. Email dated Jan. 7 2015 at 11:53 AM

385 Southbridge St.Auburn, MA 01501

Also was traveling by the Milford, CT I95 rest stop where the northbound and southbound SuperChargers are
located. A mechanic was changing the metal skins on the previous plain jane cabinets to the Red and White
TESLA supercharger cabinets. They now stand out and are very easy to see. Nice....

...Also was traveling by the Milford, CT I95 rest stop where the northbound and southbound SuperChargers are
located. A mechanic was changing the metal skins on the previous plain jane cabinets to the Red and White
TESLA supercharger cabinets. They now stand out and are very easy to see. Nice....

Would love for them to change the charge cables as well for some extra length. Did you notice if that was part of the face lift?

My info is probably a little early, but I would keep looking in this area if I were in Augusta, Maine: Augusta Supercharger? — Google Maps

OK, Marketplace mall area or a nearby hotel it is. That's a few miles out of my usual way, but if I'm not pooling on a Tuesday evening when my wife's out for the evening I might do some trawling. The charger might need agreement from the planning board, but might not, so it'll be worth keeping an eye on the link that Robert posted.

The Teslamotors.com webmaster briefly released some new maps of the Tesla supercharger plans; although they've been taken down, someone grabbed them and posted them here: Supercharger growth - Page 14

I've zoomed in on the Northeast, first 2015 then 2016:
SpC Northeast 2015.png
SpC Northeast 2016.png

In Maine, it looks like Portland, Augusta, and Bangor are in the plans for this year.
In Vermont, WRJct and Burlington are on for this year, and Plattsburgh NY across Lake Champlain.
Québec scores a new site at Rivière-du-Loup, and New Brunswick gets one at Woodstock (where I-95 intersects the Trans-Canada Hwy).
The Salisbury MA site that @Cottonwood reported is also there for 2015. Nothing else in southern New England, unsurprisingly.

Québec scores a new site at Rivière-du-Loup.

Lévis (on the South shore of Quebec City) is also new. There is a 2-stall site that should open within a week at the Montreal center, but it's not on the official map. The Montreal area location which shows up on the second map appears to also be on the South shore of the Saint Lawrence. This would be consistent with being on the Trans-Canada highway with Cornwall, Drummondville, Lévis, Riviere-du-Loup, Woodstock, New Brunswick, etc. If I were to suggest an additional location not mapped in Quebec, I would go with Magog. It's at the intersection of highways 10 and 55 in Quebec. (55 is the Canadian side of I-91 and Magog is 128 miles from White River Junction).

I-81 is projected to go from a desert to being fully Supercharged, for those that connect with I-81 via I-84 into and out of New England.

You heard it here first, at the Dedham, MA selectmen meeting tonight they approved a Tesla sales/service center which will have 8 supercharging bays.
Opening June 2015 possibly. 840 Providence Highway Dedham, MA

You heard it here first, at the Dedham, MA selectmen meeting tonight they approved a Tesla sales/service center which will have 8 supercharging bays.
Opening June 2015 possibly. 840 Providence Highway Dedham, MA
Actually, I heard it here second. I heard it here first: Tesla Service Center - Dedham, MA - Page 3

Oh wait, sorry, I forgot to turn off smartass mode... :wink: That really is awesome news, thanks for the update.

Portland, ME "sausage making" update:
9/26: not received final lease as hoped
10/10: lease still with Tesla legal department (aside: looking into trading in to get a P85D)
10/24: believes last remaining lease issue is solved
10/31: hopeful final iteration was sent the previous day
11/07: lease agreement is done; now need site visit from Tesla and CMP to confirm all OK
11/14: Tesla contact called away to deal with another site issue; Tesla needs some information from CMP
11/21: not enough room for larger transformer on site; will first check his neighboring site to see if it can go there; hoping for resolution in next couple of weeks. I passed on some of the thanks from this thread.
12/5: transformer issue not yet resolved, but has received information about possible solution
12/12: utility not yet answered on possible solution.
12/19: CMP does not like proximity of transformer and gas lines …back to the drawing board...
1/9/2015: CMP and Tesla will meet within next two weeks to come up with a solution.

I'll check in in another couple of weeks.