Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed a store listed for Greenwich, CT as "coming soon" on the Tesla map. Driving directions indicate 46-50 W Elm, Greenwich, CT 06860. Tesla still cannot sell in CT. Anyone have any info on this location...perhaps they are planning in advance?

Tesla tried unsuccessfully to get the law changed this summer. Passed in the house but failed to get voted on in the Senate due to other priorities. It will be revisited. Tesla has been planning to have a store in Greenwich, Milford and West Hartford (probably near or in the West Farms mall) once approved.

Incidently, my son and I were on Greenwich Ave and in the 1/4 mile strip we walked we counted 7 Tesla's parked. Not bad for a state where you can't purchase at a store.

After reading about the new Tesla store coming to Boston, I checked again on a potential Supercharger location that I saw last week on Tesla's website. On their 2016 map, a Supercharger site pops up just slightly northeast of Dedham (it's definitely not Seabrook). I suppose this could be in Boston, but seems unlikely to be at the urban Prudential Center, new Tesla store address. Curious to know if anyone has any information? Even wild speculation is okay!

It looks to me as if the one you are seeing is closer to Seabrook than to Dedham. So maybe in northeast MA somewhere -- north of Boston along I-93, or maybe along I-95?

But it is really hard to tell -- very small scale.

A response! (albeit negative) from head of Simon's EV charging projects "there are not any short-term plans to install Tesla specific charging stations at…" the Bangor Mall. At least we've made contact and know where we stand.

It looks to me as if the one you are seeing is closer to Seabrook than to Dedham. So maybe in northeast MA somewhere -- north of Boston along I-93, or maybe along I-95?

Maybe around 128/Rt 1, perhaps Peabody?

- - - Updated - - -

A response! (albeit negative) from head of Simon's EV charging projects "there are not any short-term plans to install Tesla specific charging stations at…" the Bangor Mall. At least we've made contact and know where we stand.

This isn't looking good for the promised 2 Superchargers in Maine by the end of 2015.

Yep, the scale makes it difficult to judge location. Beyond confirming that a 2016 dot does exist, use of a browser zoom function doesn't provide anymore detail. So for now, any guess is good. Looking slightly more toward the west, an area just off the Lowell Connector could service traffic using either Route 3 or 495.

Yep, the scale makes it difficult to judge location. Beyond confirming that a 2016 dot does exist, use of a browser zoom function doesn't provide anymore detail. So for now, any guess is good. Looking slightly more toward the west, an area just off the Lowell Connector could service traffic using either Route 3 or 495.
:biggrin:Hopefully you are correct. selfish reasons: I grew up in Chelmsford (adjacent to Lowell) and still have family that I visit there.

:biggrin:Hopefully you are correct. selfish reasons: I grew up in Chelmsford (adjacent to Lowell) and still have family that I visit there.

The Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford would be an ideal location. Places to eat, close to both Route 3 and 495. Parking lot right in front of the Sears hardware store that is rarely used. However, since its close to where I live I wouldn't get to use it.:frown: My guess is it will be closer to Boston though.

The Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford would be an ideal location. Places to eat, close to both Route 3 and 495. Parking lot right in front of the Sears hardware store that is rarely used. However, since its close to where I live I wouldn't get to use it.:frown: My guess is it will be closer to Boston though.

Even better! Drum Hill....Let people see what a rotary looks like!:wink:

A month or so ago I was chatting with a tesla guy who was picking up my car and dropping off a loaner. He mentioned that tesla would like to open a store/SC somewhere on the Northshore, maybe around the Peabody area.

Nothing firm or any time frame, just a long term plan.

Do you remember the beautiful Alewife / Route 2 rotary? Oh, what fun that was, before the powers-that-be tamed it!

True Alan, but now you have a major highway that starts with a traffic light! It's my favorite place for test rides and demos, especially at odd hours when you can more easily time it to be first at the light. A legal drag strip!

Do you remember the beautiful Alewife / Route 2 rotary? Oh, what fun that was, before the powers-that-be tamed it!

Are you talking about this one? When was it a circle? I live in Somerville and Brookline between 1992 and 2010 and never remember this being a circle^H^H^H^H^rotary.

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 6.05.55 PM.png