Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard about a destination charger at the Mt. Washington Auto Road? There is a building and parking lot across from the entrance, the Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center, that would be perfect. It's a long drive up to Gorham and then back, would require charging, at least a quick charge.

There is already a Clipper Creek 80A charger across the street from the auto road.

Plugshare says they have added 2 or 3 HPWC's in addition to the CS-100

Mt Washington Auto Road Lodge | Jackson, NH | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Reactions: EdA
Thank you. Vacationing in Maine mid August with the family. Will keep you in mind.
Depending upon where you go, you can use PlugShare and call ahead to various car dealers. I have been happily welcomed all over Maine at various Nissan and Chevy dealers for the last three and a half years. I like to plan my exercise around it. When at my college reunion in Lewiston I stayed in Auborn, and charged at Lee Nissan about two miles from the hotel. I would get up, job a circuitous route to the car, and drive back. The staff loved seeing the car and I gave some rides even.

A little planning and it can be easy, fun and healthy to EV it through Maine.

From the department of 'Your guess is good as mine', I checked back on the 2015 discussion of New Hampshire's North Country. After receiving some recent positive local mention, I still like Conway for the next NH SC location. Might keep an eye on Settlers Green. With Model ≡ on deck this would be a smart location. There are numerous possible sites around the perimeter of the outlet shops. Despite an absence of interstate highways, there's not much downside.
Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Snow Drift
From the department of 'Your guess is good as mine', I checked back on the 2015 discussion of New Hampshire's North Country. After receiving some recent positive local mention, I still like Conway for the next NH SC location. Might keep an eye on Settlers Green. With Model ≡ on deck this would be a smart location. There are numerous possible sites around the perimeter of the outlet shops. Despite an absence of interstate highways, there's not much downside.View attachment 180965

Would love for Conway and St-Johnsbury. Would make the annual pilgrimage from Montreal to Maine that much easier, especially since half of Quebec is in Old Orchard sometime in July or August...

I heard this week that Kittery, ME is on the list for a SC. No idea on timeline but it is on Tesla's radar. Guessing at this point, but it will most likely be at the outlets.
Located only about 20 miles from Seabrook, that would be quite a coup for those Kittery outlet shops! Suppose anything is possible, for many months the Tesla SC map hasn't been a reliable indicator of future SC sites. Portland, ME has been hovering over the map for at least two or three years. Apparently Tesla has experienced problems establishing a SC location in Portland. I was told they have tried, but without success. No specific reasons given. Perhaps someone local has more info and can shed some light on the status.

Sounds like Berlin, Vermont is on the way!

Public-private partnership set to open  : Times Argus Online
… Though it is still under construction, what will be the state’s largest electronic vehicle (EV) charging lot will have eight Tesla charging stations and four standard universal charging stations.

The EV charging lot isn’t the only green feature of a project that will be powered by a 500-kilowatt solar array on nearby Airport Road. Through the state’s net metering program, the solar array is expected to provide enough power for the new Maplewood’s in Berlin, existing stores in Waterbury and Barre Town, as well as the Comfort Inn. One of the displays in the new store is dedicated to the solar project and its real-time output will be monitored on a 60-inch flat screen television that was installed this week…​

Sounds like Berlin, Vermont is on the way!

Public-private partnership set to open : Times Argus Online
… Though it is still under construction, what will be the state’s largest electronic vehicle (EV) charging lot will have eight Tesla charging stations and four standard universal charging stations.

The EV charging lot isn’t the only green feature of a project that will be powered by a 500-kilowatt solar array on nearby Airport Road. Through the state’s net metering program, the solar array is expected to provide enough power for the new Maplewood’s in Berlin, existing stores in Waterbury and Barre Town, as well as the Comfort Inn. One of the displays in the new store is dedicated to the solar project and its real-time output will be monitored on a 60-inch flat screen television that was installed this week…​

I don't think these are superchargers. It would be strange placement as well, since there's only a 70 mile gap between the existing superchargers.

Can 93 get some love?

I don't think these are superchargers. It would be strange placement as well, since there's only a 70 mile gap between the existing superchargers.

Can 93 get some love?

I was told these would be Superchargers by someone at Green Mtn Power, but haven't seen anything for myself as yet. I don't think they would do 8 Wall Connectors, but stranger things have happened.

This is part of a new privately owned welcome center under construction, so am guessing it was highly cost effective to bundle into a new construction project rather than dealing with an existing parking lot (hence the short gap between West Lebanon and South Burlington).

Thanks for the info. Needs confirmation that these are actually Superchargers and not simply Wall Connectors.

http://www.berlinvt.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Jun-21-2016drbm.pdf

From the meeting minutes
"Jessie Karp with Tesla Motors, Inc. advised there would be eight (8) Tesla illuminated charging stations on concrete pads. He estimated around ten vehicles per day to begin with which would increase over time. The word “Tesla” is on the top of the charging station and there would be directional signs with the Tesla logo (T). He advised that quick charge times are around 45 minutes to an hour while full charges take several hours. People would be able to utilize the amenities (convenience store, restaurant, hotel) in the area while charging occurs. He described the cabinets and referred to the plans for further details. Mr. Karp mentioned other Tesla locations in Vermont"