Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it's not technically in New England, the addition of the Colonie (Albany) NY supercharger is a real boon for New Englanders. Most New Englanders can drive to Colonie (starting from a full charge), so it opens up a lot of upstate NY. I'm hoping this is the start of a I-90 corridor, with Sturbridge/Chardon coming soon.

UPDATE: Announced this week, construction at the new rest area project in Hooksett, NH is 8 weeks AHEAD of schedule. Still no sign of Tesla Supercharger crates on site however :(

I'll keep watching and report back :)

I was looking at the supercharger map and it's not really clear that there will be a SC at Hooksett... I'd rather one in white river junction so I can get to Boston from Montreal.

I was looking at the supercharger map and it's not really clear that there will be a SC at Hooksett... I'd rather one in white river junction so I can get to Boston from Montreal.

I think the developers are planning on it. The proof will be in the pudding, however. I do believe it is a perfect Supercharger location for northern New England. And when I drive to Montreal from Boston I drive right past this spot :)

It appears that there will be a SC in Burlington Vermont, so you might be able to pass by the WRJ charger anyway. From Burlington, you could easily make the Hooksett charger (if it happens), leaving you with plenty of range to drive around Boston and later return to Hookset for the trip home.

The Supercharger map is *not* accurate as to exact location. In addition, as they get closer to the date of installing, it appears that their negotiations/planning can shift these stations quite a bit. This is happening in upstate NY at this point. I corresponded with the folks who are building Hookset and they were talking with Tesla. Nothing more than that at this point that I know.

I've been hunting for the Portsmouth/Kittery SC to no avail. One speculation had been it would be at the Mall at Fox Run, in Newington NH. According to that town's website,
Within Newington's non-residential zoning districts, new construction, the expansion of a building's footprint, or a new type of land use requires Planning Board approval prior to the issuance of a Building Permit.
I looked through the Planning Board minutes and there's nothing about the mall (except a proposal to modernize the signs). It appears that normal practice is that all applications get three readings, spaced a month apart, so if this really is the site for the supercharger, it won't be until late summer at the earliest.

Likewise, nothing on the Kittery, Maine website. :(

Last edited:
I've been hunting for the Portsmouth/Kittery SC to no avail. One speculation had been it would be at the Mall at Fox Run, in Newington NH. According to that town's website,

I looked through the Planning Board minutes and there's nothing about the mall (except a proposal to modernize the signs). It appears that normal practice is that all applications get three readings, spaced a month apart, so if this really is the site for the supercharger, it won't be until late summer at the earliest.

Likewise, nothing on the Kittery, Maine website. :(

Too bad about Newington since there are transmission lines that feed the sea coast. The mall and adjoining shopping centers are close to the Portsmouth town line but close doesn't count.

I have heard nothing but rumors and "coming soon" map for Charlton/Sturbridge. I think the last official communication was published in the Boston Globe almost a year ago.

Met a couple of guys from NH when I was charging in NJ. They are REALLY looking forward to that Charlton charger...like the rest of us.

I'm supposed to leave for Maine a week from Thursday and have come to the conclusion I can't take my Model S due to the lack of charge infrastructure. I'm not looking forward to taking my wife's Highlander Hybrid on a long trip for reasons of environmentalism, comfort and the cost of gas.

I'm hoping there is a surprise announcement of a Supercharger in Mass and / or NH / Maine between now and June 5!

I'm supposed to leave for Maine a week from Thursday and have come to the conclusion I can't take my Model S due to the lack of charge infrastructure. I'm not looking forward to taking my wife's Highlander Hybrid on a long trip for reasons of environmentalism, comfort and the cost of gas.

I'm hoping there is a surprise announcement of a Supercharger in Mass and / or NH / Maine between now and June 5!

How far up are you going and how long are you staying?

I'm getting downright unhappy about this. It appears from the efforts at supercharge.info that Tesla is going off-plan (as depicted on their own supercharger map) and launching new SCs along I-70 out of Denver, and Dayton, and also launching the southerly cross-country route out of Chattanooga, TN, while neglecting their own plans for New England.

It really galls me that there are so many SCs now in the greater NYC area, far in excess of what is required for NYC as either a destination or a departure point. Could this have been motivated by Broder's NYT column and bad press it generated? I'm wondering if we may need to get a Boston Globe journalist to make a trip in New England and learn just how inadequate the supercharger highway is up there? ;=)

Anyone know a well placed auto reviewer?

I'm getting downright unhappy about this. It appears from the efforts at supercharge.info that Tesla is going off-plan (as depicted on their own supercharger map) and launching new SCs along I-70 out of Denver, and Dayton, and also launching the southerly cross-country route out of Chattanooga, TN, while neglecting their own plans for New England.

It really galls me that there are so many SCs now in the greater NYC area, far in excess of what is required for NYC as either a destination or a departure point. Could this have been motivated by Broder's NYT column and bad press it generated? I'm wondering if we may need to get a Boston Globe journalist to make a trip in New England and learn just how inadequate the supercharger highway is up there? ;=)

Anyone know a well placed auto reviewer?

The permitting process is holding up the superchargers not Tesla's plans.
Darien was added in response to Broder's article. I think Greenwich was
added in response to our incessant complaints to Telsa that "no on takes
i-95, it is too crowded..."

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. What is Tesla's obsession with cross-country travel? The Denver-Wheeling link is vastly less populated and traveled by Model S owners than the Hartford-Portland ME link. Where is Chardon/Sturbridge? Where is Portsmouth/Kittery? Where is Cape Cod? All these would get far more use than lonely towns in Kansas.

<frustrated>