Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nomad delivered today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cubi_029_470_120_cardninja_black_1324250.jpg

I don’t have the Nomad charger in my car, but I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t work with a stick on wallet; however, all of the wireless chargers I have purchased explicitly state not to have credit card(s)/anything with a chip and/or mag strip between the phone and charger when wireless charging or you could ruin the card(s), etc. Could become a hassle depending on your charging frequency/number of cards stored. I’ve personally never had an issue the couple times I’ve forgotten about a card in my phone case when I wirelessly charge, but I try to not let it happen and it’s never been for a long period of time. Maybe someone smarter than I can say whether it’s actually an issue, or just legal boiler plate language slapped on wireless chargers to cover against edge cases.

Reviving a dead thread. I finally started using my Nomad but I find it very difficult to raise the part of the console holding the Nomad to reach the USB ports without hitting resistance. Do I have mine installed wrong??

Reviving a dead thread. I finally started using my Nomad but I find it very difficult to raise the part of the console holding the Nomad to reach the USB ports without hitting resistance. Do I have mine installed wrong??
No, it’s installed fine. Unfortunately, for whatever reason the usb cables aren’t as long as they should be. Not sure if they fixed that issue with newer versions?

Definitely going to grab a Nomad eventually but back ordered for about a month it seems. I guess I should order now but I want the car first. :)

What splitter is everyone using to use Dashcam/Sentry mode with the Nomad?

Has anyone purchased the new RPM Tesla charging pad? It also looks very similar to the Nomad but at a cheaper price.

I am on the fence on whether to gamble on the RPM Tesla version, or go with the significantly more expensive Nomad version.

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
I've been having an issue with my v1 Nomad where the charging pad (along with my dashcam/music USB drive on a splitter) fail to be recognized/turn on after parking at work on 70 degree days. I'm assuming this is some kind of thermal shutdown feature, but if that's the case then it's too sensitive to heat for this application in my opinion. I haven't seen this issue previously, but then again, I received it in November.

I've e-mailed Nomad support, just curious if anyone else has seen this happening yet.